01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Color vu white light query?

Geoff1947

I have a color vu camera model number DS-2CE72HFT-F28

I had previously used this with the white light switched off as it was in a well lit area. However I recently moved it to a dark area and switched the white light to auto.

With the light off at night, the image is reasonably well lit, although grainy. However when I turn the light on, the image is much darker as though there is no light at all. Going into the camera settings, the only options for the light are off or auto. The light seems pretty dim when on, not the bright light I expected. There is also a mode option which can be set to 1 or 2, but I have no idea what the difference is.

Am I missing something here?

I have two other color vu cameras model DS-2CE72UFST-E which work perfectly as expected when the light is on.

That’s an analogue HDTVI camera rather than IP. Unfortunately they’re not particularly configurable.

With the LED off the camera is using a very small amount of ambient light and so is grainy from noise, but evenly illuminated. With the LED on you’ll find that if you’ve anything white or reflective in the scene, it will reflect the light back at the camera. The camera will compensate and darken the entire image leaving you with increased dark areas.

Depending on model you may be able to adjust backlight or wide dynamic range settings to correct this. Click the PTZ icon while viewing on the DVR, then Iris Open to display the menu. Navigate using the left, right, up, down PTZ controls and use Iris Open to select options. Use Iris Open while highlighting the Save and Exit option when complete to leave the menus.

Back