01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ColorVu downloaded video squished?

KDAY

Hi,

I recently had a ColorVu camera system installed, but when I download the video file from the Hilook app to local storage (iphone, ipad, mac or pc) the video format appears squished (960 x 1088). The recorded videos look fine within the hilook app, its only when downloading to a local device that the issue occurs. I have tried this across all my devices and even tried viewing the downloaded file in VSplayer but unfortunately the issue is still there. Importantly photos appear fine downloaded to local storage, its only video that is affected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just to clarify this is recording/downloading videos using the hilook app which is all up to date and also on a device which is fully updated.

I have also noticed that when viewing one camera, and you press the arrows to make full screen, that it does not rotate but instead creates a similar square format video to the one that it exports.

It's as if its exporting video without the fish eye expansion or exporting when in 'full screen'

viewed in the hivision app :
IMG_5816.PNG

viewed in the ap with the two arrows (full screen mode) activated. This looks the same whether viewed portrait or landscape:
IMG_5817.PNG

still frame of a video export viewed on iphone/ipad etc
still.jpg

I have since found the fish eye extension option within VSplayer on my PC and am able to convert the video into a playable 16:9 format, however, surely there must be a better way of doing this directly on my iphone/ipad etc as a download video to local storage option exists?

Just to clarify this is recording/downloading videos using the hilook app which is all up to date and also on a device which is fully updated.

I have also noticed that when viewing one camera, and you press the arrows to make full screen, that it does not rotate but instead creates a similar square format video to the one that it exports.

It's as if its exporting video without the fish eye expansion or exporting when in 'full screen'

viewed in the hivision app :
View attachment 8969

viewed in the ap with the two arrows (full screen mode) activated. This looks the same whether viewed portrait or landscape:
View attachment 8970

still frame of a video export viewed on iphone/ipad etc
View attachment 8971

I have since found the fish eye extension option within VSplayer on my PC and am able to convert the video into a playable 16:9 format, however, surely there must be a better way of doing this directly on my iphone/ipad etc as a download video to local storage option exists?
Hi
My newly installed hilook colourvu is the same with video and still images.
They show as 1088x960

My previous HIKvision system that this is supposed to be an upgrade over was fine.

Not happy at all.

Cheers

John

Back