01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ColorVu light?

Tricky

Here is an odd one this has happened three times so far and only when making an adjustment to any setting on the NVR but the first was when adjusting the camera light,
Once set and saved the light proceeded to switch on and off several times and then settled down, the second i cant remember what i was adjusting but not the light and the third was last night i was actually adjusting the output resolution of the NVR to the TV and it did the same again it only seems to happen to just one of the three cameras....has anyone else seen this do you think its a fault waiting to happen or just a glitch with the NVR or software?

Hi @Tricky

Is the one showing this issue on a different firmware to the other 2?

Ok, so you are saying on this one camera when you adjust and save certain settings you are seeing the visible white LED flash on & off several times?

If so and the cameras are all running the same firmware then the only other thing I could recommend would be to do a full factory reset and try setting the camera up again and see if the flashing still happens.

Didn't want to do a full reset as its a lot of resetting everything up, and hadn't seen the light turn off and on for quite a while then last night i put the bin out and saw the same camera turn off and on sever times in a row checked the recordings for the same time in the last four days wondering if it was a time related thing but no so i am at a loss...hope its not a faulty camera.

Hi @Tricky

The only other things I can recommend is to hard reset the cameras and see if the problem persists and the other thing would be to bring the camera down and connect to your network or directly to an NVR on a short patch factory-made cable because if the problem doesn't happen on the short cable it could be a damaged/faulty cable causing a loss of connection/drop in PoE to the camera.

If after both those things the problem still continues then you will need to speak directly to who you purchased from to discuss a warranty replacement.

Back