01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

COLORVU MAIN STREAM IN NVR BLURRY

guerino1

Hello. I’m new to this forum and sorry for winded post. Please be gentle. I have a 16channel POE unbranded Hikvision NVR that’s about three years old. It is model HNR50P6-16 and as I later found out, the firmware cannot be updated (to my knowledgs?) . Live and learn. It is H264, the video input is 16 independent 100Mbps POE interfaces incoming bandwidth, 30fps@ up to 5MP, output up to 1920x1080P acc to the specs. I have added about thirteen 2MP Hik bullet & box cameras to this unit and have learned along the way to configure them with SADP and to access them remotely via IP on an empty channel cable. All these cameras work perfectly. I have just purchased a 4MP Hik COLORVU DS-2CD2047G1-L camera and it is having a problem with the main stream (and sub, etc) on the NVR (and hence IVMS4200) In the NVR, when I hover over the 1/16 size image, the message bab shows bandwidth varies at around only 50kbps, the resolution is 640x480, 25fps. (I have no idea where these settings are established? When I log into the web interface of the camera from laptop, the image is perfect. I have tried playing with the camera video settings, lowering FPS, resolution and bitrate or maxing them out but no change on NVR. When I log into the web interface of my NVR, with only that camera online, the image is still blurry no matter what. I noticed that in my NVR web interface, when I go to the video configuration for the camera, with Main Stream Normal, the resolution pull-down is GREYED OUT???. There are no options available. I have investigated firmware update for this camera (currently 5.5.84 build 190822) but it appears this is current since nothing available when I plug in the model in Hikvision firmware search? I have switched cables with another camera but no change. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. For the time being, I am going to put in a 32gb card and use the web interface. Thanks

Can you please share some screenshots of the image you are getting from the ColorVu camera?

Thanks for the quick response. I have attached several screen shots from camera, NVR, IVMS4200. And settings therein. NVR specs also. The settings on the camera are turned down. Does anybody know if the firmware for these NVR's can be updated? Thanks so much for any info. I'm still learning.
COLORVU WEB INTERFACE IMAGE.jpg
COLORVU WEB INTERFACE IMAGE.jpg

Attachments

• COLORVU WEB INTERFACE SETTINGS.jpg
    COLORVU WEB INTERFACE SETTINGS.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 353
  • IVMS 4200 COLORVU IMAGE.jpg
    IVMS 4200 COLORVU IMAGE.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 300
  • IVMS4200 2MP HIK BULLET.jpg
    IVMS4200 2MP HIK BULLET.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 321
  • NVR IMAGE.jpg
    NVR IMAGE.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 272
  • NVR SPECS.jpg
    NVR SPECS.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 298
  • NVR VIDEO CONFIG.jpg
    NVR VIDEO CONFIG.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 283
Thanks @guerino1

We don't have any experience with this particular OEM Hikvision NVR but we have seen compatibility issues with 3rd-party & OEM NVRs when trying use Hikvision cameras, especially the latest models and it likely is to do with the firmware being too out of date to support the new features/functions of a new model like this ColorVu camera.

If you can't get new firmware for this NVR (which is unlikely as OEM/unbranded products rarely get updated beyond the firmware they come out the factory with) then your only other options are to replace the NVR with a newer Hikvision model or stick a MicroSD card in the ColorVu camera, record to that, and then just add the camera to iVMS-4200 separately.

OK thanks for the quick turn-around. I was afraid you were going to say that. :(

Thanks @guerino1

We don't have any experience with this particular OEM Hikvision NVR but we have seen compatibility issues with 3rd-party & OEM NVRs when trying use Hikvision cameras, especially the latest models and it likely is to do with the firmware being too out of date to support the new features/functions of a new model like this ColorVu camera.

If you can't get new firmware for this NVR (which is unlikely as OEM/unbranded products rarely get updated beyond the firmware they come out the factory with) then your only other options are to replace the NVR with a newer Hikvision model or stick a MicroSD card in the ColorVu camera, record to that, and then just add the camera to iVMS-4200 separately.

One last question...If I upgrade my NVR, should my 2MP Hik bullets be compatible in your experience? I would think??

yes, the usual rule is that new NVRs or NVRs running new firmware will continue to be backwards compatible to older, lower resolution cameras. It's only the other way round that you may encounter problems. (e.g. new camera models on older NVRs)

Back