01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Comparing Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL to 'LU'?

oil

I will be purchasing the Hikvision camera set but I just wanted to compare the difference between the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and the DS-2CD2387G2-LU. It seems like the main difference is the audible siren/flashing lights so it's not recommended for residential installs, I'm guessing this is because the siren may be an inconvenience to neighbours if we have a visitor at night or if we're coming home late ourselves, during the time which the siren is scheduled to activate for.

Can I ask if the LU model still has the audible speech warnings so that it can act as a deterrent for potential thieves as soon as they climb into our back garden and enter the detection zone?

Hi @oil

The standard ColorVu -LU model only features a built-in microphone and not a speaker so the audible alarm feature would only be available from the -LSU/SL model.

Although the LSU/SL model features both the strobe light and audible alarm you don't have to use both features at the same time, you can just configure the audible alarm and leave the strobe light disabled.

Hi,

I have the LSU/SL in residential environment (back yard) and I love it!
You can set not only siren but also warnings, on intrusion and/or movement with AcuSense it's really accurate so almost no false alarms!
The flashlight is great to have the attention of intruders at night!

I would highly recommend this one, unless maybe you want to install it at the street side with a lot of passage. (with is of course not the case of my backyard)

Back