01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Config DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY - can't download

llars

Config, local, Record files setting and Picture and Clips setting are configured correctly (browsed and saved), but everything related to storage does not work. I login as admin to the camera via ip 192.168.xx.xx from my computer with the camera right in front of me - during testing. I am not using NVR.

This applies, for example, to downloading from the Pictures main menu, using the icons in Live or Playback to save images or video. "Popup Capture failed", "Recording failed".

Most everything else seems to work. I have a 256 GB micro card which stores pictures as it should. What am I missing?

Attachments

• Download.jpg
    Download.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 124
Try running your browser as an administrator.
Without that you may not have Rights to save to your PC.

Upvote 0
Solution
I am using admin.

From my use of another camera I can see that the Folder "G: Hyttecamera, Download files" is given a new daily folder - like 2023-01-31. I can't find out where the instructions for that automatic generated daily folder comes from. May be missing something?

Upvote 0
To do this you need to close the browser you are logging into the camera with, then right-click the browser icon and click 'Run as Administrator', log back into the camera, and then you should be able to download clips & snapshots.

Upvote 0
For instance:

Upvote 0
Thanks Phil, but

As mentioned I have no problems with saving from the other camera using the same browser. I'm the only user and is admin.
Can It have something to do with the browser addin (using IE with addin)? Open the new camera in the browser it asked for adding the addon, spite the other camera in another window already had addon for years.

Upvote 0
Is the other camera also a Hikvision camera?
Same brand, model and firmware?

Have you tried what we suggested?

Upvote 0
My other camera is a Hikvision IP-camera from 2017 and is going to be replaced with the new one.

And now I did what you told me to, Phil with success. Thank you very, very much.

Upvote 0
Back