01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Confused about channel List - I re-added my NVR and it now shows two NVRs?

grinsekatze

Hello guys, i really need some help. I have to maintain a Hik Vision system from a friend. The guy who did it before is no longer available. I try my best, but sometimes I struggle.
We have to delete and re-add the NVR. Now I have the problem the there is only one device is showing up under Devices BUT under channel List in the APP there are TWO. See pictures.
Every alarm come from the second with no proper camera names etc. I hope i explain it in the right way. How can i delete the wrong one ?

As you can see the second one has a tiny cloud symbol on it so i think it is attached to the Hik Connect APP...but how can i manage the devices there ?

Thank you for helping <3

geräte (Small).jpg
kanalliste.jpg

Hi @grinsekatze

What version of the Hik-Connect app are you running? The screenshots you have sent look like a very old version.

If you go to More > About you should see the current version number.

Hi @grinsekatze

What version of the Hik-Connect app are you running? The screenshots you have sent look like a very old version.

If you go to More > About you should see the current version number.
Hi Dan,

my Hik Connect Version is 4.21.2.0307

The Screenshots are from IVMS APP. This is all very confusing. I am now only using Hik Connect App and Chrome Webbrowser with IE Tab addon.

It seems everything is working again except I got the "Video failed to load" Error

I have no idea why a NVR decides from one day to another not to communicate with the router anymore

So it seems you don´t see me the last time here :))

"Gerry NVR" looks like it is the connection via Hik-Connect. If the NVR is showing online in the Platform Access menu in the NVR settings, you just need to make sure you're logged in to your HikConnect account in the app. "nvr" is when you re added it - you've added it via IP/Domain directly without going through Hik-Connect.

"Gerry NVR" looks like it is the connection via Hik-Connect. If the NVR is showing online in the Platform Access menu in the NVR settings, you just need to make sure you're logged in to your HikConnect account in the app. "nvr" is when you re added it - you've added it via IP/Domain directly without going through Hik-Connect.
OKay, and how can i delete one of them ?

OKay, and how can i delete one of them ?
Depends whether you're trying to delete from iVMS or Hik-Connect. In iVMS click the menu icon (top left corner), select devices. For iOS swipe left on the entry you want to delete and click delete, for Android long press on the entry and select delete. Alarms only work with the Hik-Connect service, so if you want the notifications, only delete the "nvr"

Last edited:
Depends whether you're trying to delete from iVMS or Hik-Connect. In iVMS click the menu icon (top left corner), select devices. For iOS swipe left on the entry you want to delete and click delete, for Android long press on the entry and select delete. Alarms only work with the Hik-Connect service, so if you want the notifications, only delete the "nvr"
This does not work because the device is not showing up under devices. It is only under Channel list
Under the "device" is only one

This does not work because the device is not showing up under devices. It is only under Channel list
Under the "device" is only one
Correct - the one in devices is the one you entered the IP address for and manually added. If you want the other to disappear simply click log out in the app - it is visible because it is linked to the user account that’s logged in.

As I’ve said though, if you want event notifications you have to be connected via the cloud. Currently it appears you have a working connection via IP/ Domain and a non working connection via HikConnect cloud.

Correct - the one in devices is the one you entered the IP address for and manually added. If you want the other to disappear simply click log out in the app - it is visible because it is linked to the user account that’s logged in.

As I’ve said though, if you want event notifications you have to be connected via the cloud. Currently it appears you have a working connection via IP/ Domain and a non working connection via HikConnect cloud.

Okay, now I understand. And what I want is a working connection via Cloud!
So I make a mistake when I add the device to hikConnect because i do it via IP/Domain?
This also explain that I have the *failed to load Video* Error. It works fine before. I have to add the NVR to Hik Connect Via Cloud. I have a look into the FAQ how to do this in the best way
Thank you so much @JB1970 ! for your help and patience

Nicole

So I make a mistake when I add the device to hikConnect because i do it via IP/Domain?
This also explain that I have the *failed to load Video* Error. It works fine before. I have to add the NVR to Hik Connect Via Cloud. I have a look into the FAQ how to do this in the best way
Thank you so much @JB1970 ! for your help and patience

Nicole

That's right - if you want alarms you want it connecting via Hik-Connect.

Yes and no! The fact that it is visible in the Hik-Connect app means that the app is logged in to Hik-Connect AND that the device (NVR/DVR) has been added to that Hik-Connect user account. Essentially you don't need to add the device again with Hik-Connect - it's already there....but is not online. You need to look into why the NVR/DVR is not online, when it has been before. So there's nothing to do with the app and you need to be looking at the NVR/DVR network settings and maybe router settings. It may be that your friend has changed internet supplier at some point and the network settings in the NVR/DVR no longer match the network settings of the new provider; or maybe the router was previously setup with port forwarding and the router has been replaced/reset button pressed deleting the previous settings. Either way you want to be looking at the network and settings rather than the app.

That's right - if you want alarms you want it connecting via Hik-Connect.

Yes and no! The fact that it is visible in the Hik-Connect app means that the app is logged in to Hik-Connect AND that the device (NVR/DVR) has been added to that Hik-Connect user account. Essentially you don't need to add the device again with Hik-Connect - it's already there....but is not online. You need to look into why the NVR/DVR is not online, when it has been before. So there's nothing to do with the app and you need to be looking at the NVR/DVR network settings and maybe router settings. It may be that your friend has changed internet supplier at some point and the network settings in the NVR/DVR no longer match the network settings of the new provider; or maybe the router was previously setup with port forwarding and the router has been replaced/reset button pressed deleting the previous settings. Either way you want to be looking at the network and settings rather than the app.
Okay i can follow. BUT here comes the problem

The app send alarm on line crossing and Intruder alarm. We can also see the live View. Only thing is: we can not playback recorded videos
Nothing was changed on NVR internet connection or on the router.

I read about port forwarding bevause of the error "Video not searching" I logged into Router and want to open the the ports (no idea why it works before and than not) anyways. The router don't accept standard ports so i have to choose another ones.
Logged into NVR and change the ports there. But did not solve the problem
It is a riddle why a door which was open before now is closed. There is no wind! :D

Back