01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Connecting a HIK nvr DS-7616NI-E2 to a new camera DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4mp?

RickHIKVision

Im having a heck of a time trying to get my new HIK camera DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4mp to work with my older HIK nvr DS-7616NI-E2. I have 12 dome cameras on the nvr but Im trying to swap out one for a turret for better night vision. I unplugged the old camera on port 1 and plugged in the new camera. The NVR assigns it an IP using plug and play. I can access all of the older cameras directly thru SADP and the blue link in camera management. But the link for the new camera times out. I cannot figure out how to connect otherwise. SADP has the new camera status as "Offline/ Parameter Error". Thanks

Im having a heck of a time trying to get my new HIK camera DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4mp to work with my older HIK nvr DS-7616NI-E2. I have 12 dome cameras on the nvr but Im trying to swap out one for a turret for better night vision. I unplugged the old camera on port 1 and plugged in the new camera. The NVR assigns it an IP using plug and play. I can access all of the older cameras directly thru SADP and the blue link in camera management. But the link for the new camera times out. I cannot figure out how to connect otherwise. SADP has the new camera status as "Offline/ Parameter Error". Thanks
I meant I can access the old cameras with a web browser and the camera links in that interface .. not Sadp. However I can see all the camera in Sadp.

Hi @RickHIKVision

The current Hikvision cameras run newer firmware with increased security features that can cause problems when trying to plug & play them on old NVR models.

The easiest way to add this camera to an older NVR would be to connect it to a separate PoE Injector/Switch and then manually add the camera to the NVR over the local network.

Hi @RickHIKVision

The current Hikvision cameras run newer firmware with increased security features that can cause problems when trying to plug & play them on old NVR models.

The easiest way to add this camera to an older NVR would be to connect it to a separate PoE Injector/Switch and then manually add the camera to the NVR over the local network.
Thanks. I ordered a PoE injector which arrived tomorrow (Tuesday). What should I do when I get it? I presume I plug camera into injector and the injector into my router and then access camera ip thru a browser? Is there a setting in the camera I need to change to get it to work with my nvr?

Hi @RickHIKVision

Yes, that is correct. You need to connect your camera to the PoE Injector and then connect the PoE Injector to either your router or a standard network switch connected to your router.

You can then use SADP to activate the camera with a strong password, before then opening the camera management menu in your NVR, switch one of the available channels from Plug & Play to Manual, and then manually add the camera using its IP address and password.

If the camera did manage to receive an IP address from the NVR (e.g. a 192.168.254.xxx address) when attempting P&P connection, then you will need to hard reset the camera to get it back on the local network IP range.

I used the injector and I am able to log into the camera. I did a reset and the camera ip is 192.168.1.64. I changed security authentication to digest/basic on RTSP and WEB Authentication (read to change those when using older nvr). I then tried to manually add the camera to NVR (entered ip and password) and it didn’t connect. So I then switched it over to plug and play and nvr assigned it 192.168.254.22 which is similar to all the others camera (existing cameras are in the 192.168.254.3-18 range). Camera still didn’t connect. I have put camera back on the injector and used sadp to change camera ip back to the default of 192.168.1.64. I can again connect to camera thru sadp and web browser. I was unable to connect to camera thru a web browser when ip was 192.168.254.22. What am I missing to get nvr to connect to camera? Thanks

Okay,

I thought it might be that your IP range (192.168.1.xxx) was different to the Hikvision default.

In SADP, try enabling DHCP for the camera and see if it automatically assigns the camera a different IP address.

If it does, you can try adding it again with this different IP address.

I did DHCP and it changed last number from 64 to 66. But still won’t connect to nvr after an attempt to manual add. I can chat by telephone?

FWIW, I cannot login to the new camera with browser when the ip is 192.168.254.xx. When I change the camera ip to 192.168.1.xx I can login with browser. The nvr doesnt connect either scheme.

Thanks @RickHIKVision

FWIW, I cannot login to the new camera with browser when the ip is 192.168.254.xx. When I change the camera ip to 192.168.1.xx I can login with browser. The nvr doesnt connect either scheme.
This is standard, the 192.168.254.xxx IR range is subnet IP range used by cameras directly connected to the NVR and when cameras are assigned IP addresses on this range they are no longer on your local network and thus can't be accessed with a browser.

Can you please confirm the firmware versions currently being used by the DS-7616NI-E2 and the 2347G2?

NVR: firmware v3.4.92, build 170518
Camera: firmware v5.7.13 build 230706

I can get live view thru a browser but camera still won’t connect to nvr. Thanks

@Dan, I got it! I updated firmware to nvr, but not camera. Then defaulted the camera back to default settings again and changed a few camera settings to lower resolution and changed a couple security settings to “basic/xx”. Of course changed ip into range. After 5 days it works. Not sure what made it work but all good. Thanks for sticking with me!

Reactions: Dan
Back