01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Connecting from outside

Peter Walker

Hi everyone hope some one can be of assistance, I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I camera and have set it up over my LAN. My problems start when i try to set it up to use remotely, Have tried a Hikvision dnns but it keeps coming up with device not found. I then tried to set up with my dyndns service. I have forwarded port 80 renamed to 801, but again comes up with not able to connect to server. I am truly lost now hope someone can give a step by step installation guide to allow viewing of this cam over the internet.

Hi Peter,

I'd suggest you check out our Tutorial Megathread on Hikvision devices. There's a few guides in there about remote access via various methods, including DDNS and EZVIZ etc. You will need to have forwarded the appropriate ports to access your camera remotely - it's covered in these guides.

http://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/t...ted-with-your-hikvision-system.689/#post-1360

It sounds like you might not have an appropriate IPv4 Default Gateway set in your camera's network configuration options (Configuration > Network > Basic Settings > TCP/IP when using a web browser). You'll want this set to the same LAN IP as your router.

Also double check that you have a Preferred DNS Server set in the same window. Google's DNS server of 8.8.8.8 is fine for most.

Hi Kieran have checked what you suggested and all seem to be fine, i have a query about the preferred DNS server. I have put it has 8.8.8.8 but i have a pro account with DYNDNS would this not be the serve i use? i had to change the http port to 803 as 80 was conflicting with other uses. Still unable to connect from outside

Hi Kieran I have now managed to sort it out, I was getting my addresses all wrong but is now sorted. Could i also ask you to look at my other posting in regards to using netgear's readyshare as storage if possible many thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you - I'm glad to hear you got it all up and running in the meantime though.

Could you perhaps clarify a little on what you had to change to fix the issue? Another user may have a similar issue to yours and it may helpful.

I'll take a look now.

Back