01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Connection to Devices Failing - PlusNet/Tenda set up

moorgate

Hi all

Apologies if I do not provide all the info needed to assist with this problem, I am not very techy...please ask and I will do my best to find out more info if needed.

We are running Hikvision CCTV and recently switched broadband providers - we have also set up a WIFI mesh system in the house to improve the WIFI signal.

Upon advice from the technician who set up our CCTV, I have added port forwarding on the Plusnet router and updated the IP address in the device settings on the IVMS app on my phone, but the connection is still failing when I try to start live view.

I wondered if this had something to do with the fact the phone I am trying to view the live stream on is not directly connected to my router; it is connected via a Tenda mesh WIFI system. However, if I connect my phone directly to the router WIFI, it still does not work.

Any advice on how to get the stream to work with our set up?

Thanks
Kat

Hi all

Apologies if I do not provide all the info needed to assist with this problem, I am not very techy...please ask and I will do my best to find out more info if needed.

We are running Hikvision CCTV and recently switched broadband providers - we have also set up a WIFI mesh system in the house to improve the WIFI signal.

Upon advice from the technician who set up our CCTV, I have added port forwarding on the Plusnet router and updated the IP address in the device settings on the IVMS app on my phone, but the connection is still failing when I try to start live view.

I wondered if this had something to do with the fact the phone I am trying to view the live stream on is not directly connected to my router; it is connected via a Tenda mesh WIFI system. However, if I connect my phone directly to the router WIFI, it still does not work.

Any advice on how to get the stream to work with our set up?

Thanks
Kat

@moorgate Kat,
does live view work when you use a pc notebook connected to your wireless router using internet explorer?

I’ve not tried this before. How would I check this please? What URL do I need to go to?

and recently switched broadband providers

The solution will be in this thread, in the Post before the one I am linking you to:

Back