01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Couple of issues with Hikvision NVR

EZTutty

Hi,

I've just recently setup a Hikvision CCTV system at home, but i'm having a couple of issues.

I've got a DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR running the latest firmware, and i'm using iVMS-4200 3.1 to configure/monitor it on my laptop over the network.

However i don't get a Preview when i'm trying to setup anything that involves a preview of the camera image (for example motion detection, or image settings). I just get a grey box like the screenshot attached. However when i configure via a browser (IE) i can see the image and draw the grid.

screenshot.jpg

Also another issue is since setting up hik-connect, everytime i open IVMS i have to enter the stream encryption key to see live view even though i'm connecting locally.

Can anyone give me any tips with these issues?

Thanks

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 436
Latest firmware?
Have you installed the web components plugin?

Firmware - V3.4.103 build 181226

Yes i have the web componenets plugin... configuring on a browser works fine, the issue is when using IVMS 4200 within windows.

Windows 10 64bit.

Hmm I may use ivms lite on the laptop for monitoring and do all my config via browser, the full fat ivms seems a bit heavy for my needs anyway.

Don't you need to put the encryption password in somewhere, I can't remember where?

I installed 3.1 yesterday and can't even find that page!

Last edited:
With the new iVMS-4200 the manual is built-in (top right?), search for encrypt?

I've already put the encryption password in, but it asks for it again every reboot

Back