01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Day/Night switch adjustment on DS-2CD2112

LenJones

I want to be able to turn off the IR on this camera but still have the camera go to mono at night. Currently it remains full colour 24 hours per day with no IR. Here is a video I found on YouTube that explains exactly what I want to achieve.

If you go to 6:30 you will see the menu that I’d like to get to. When I try to go there I can only see Brightness Contrast Saturation Hue. If you stop the video at '7:04 exactly' you will see the sub menu (Day/Night Switch) that will give me what I want - I can't see it!

I have noticed in the video that at the top of his window he has got the name of the camera DS-2CD2112 and not as I have my NVR (DS-7608NI-K2/8P).

I’ve tried this directly on the NVR using a monitor and mouse and also over my local network using the local IP of the NVR of 192.168.1.155 and get same result of just four choices.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful to hear.

Thank You
Len

Hi @LenJones

If the camera is directly connected to your NVR you will need to enable Virtual Host to access the individual settings of each camera and change those IR/Day & night settings.

Hi Dan

Thank you so much for this. I've got it working up to the point where it asks me for the user name and password but it will not accept my normal log on details. Do you know what I'm missing please?

Hi Dan

Found it! For an unknown reason the camera password was set to 12345. Real high security . Anyway, I'm sorted and have made it work as I want. I'm over the moon! Thank you again

Regards

Len

Back