01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Device firmware for AX PRO alarm

spykik

Hello,

Do you know where can I find firmwares for the devices of the AX PRO alarm ? I have browsed several hikvision website to find them (US, UK, Netherlands, India, Russia...), but I only find firmware for Ax Pro panel and for LCD Keypad...
For example, I need the last version of the Wireless Keypad WE DS-PK1-E-WE.
The HikConnect & HikProConnect apps says my device is up to date, but I have the version 1.0.25, and other users have 1.5.0... I need this last version because my keypad has some troubles with the "Active on Entry Delay" parameter : this option does not work.

I would like to update manually through the web interface but I do not find the firmware file.
Thank you !

Hi,

I believe this is the firmware for the DS-PK1-E-WE:

It's not V1.5.0... but that may be location specific and why you can't get it at the moment.

Hopefully, this fixes your issue.

Hi,

I believe this is the firmware for the DS-PK1-E-WE:

It's not V1.5.0... but that may be location specific and why you can't get it at the moment.

Hopefully, this fixes your issue.

Hi Jake, thanks for your help.
I have tried to update with the firmware you give (version 1.4.256) but the web server says that I can't update to an older version. However you can see in attached picture that my keypad is 1.0.25...
Screenshot_2022-09-12-20-44-52-48_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-09-12-20-45-27-09_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Thank you for this, I have contacted HikVision and will keep you updated on any information/solutions that they provide.

Hi @spykik,

Hikvision has gotten back to me, please find what they have said below:

'I checked the thread and see that the customer is getting a “Peripheral version is low. Upgrading failed.” message. This is because it is from the old versions of the wireless keypad. Unfortunately, this means that to upgrade, only an upgrade through serial cable is possible.'

I hope this helps!

Hi @spykik,

Hikvision has gotten back to me, please find what they have said below:

'I checked the thread and see that the customer is getting a “Peripheral version is low. Upgrading failed.” message. This is because it is from the old versions of the wireless keypad. Unfortunately, this means that to upgrade, only an upgrade through serial cable is possible.'

I hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your fast response !
Hum ok, so maybe if I upgrade to 1.4.256 with the firmware from hikvision website, maybe the 1.5.0 version will be available then.
But do you know where can I find a manual to upgrade through serial cable?
Thanks.

EDIT : I've found https://www.hikvisioneurope.com/eu/portal/portal/Technical Materials/06 Access Control/00 Product Firmware/Reader/How to upgrade reader through serial port.pdf and https://www.hikvision.com/content/d...w-to-upgrade-NVR-DVR-using-Serial-cable11.pdf
They are not same device as mine, but I will try ;)

Hello,

I try to upgrade through serial cable but I do not find any documentation for my device... I guess the same parameters of other devices are valid (serial speed, mode, etc.) but I don't the pinout of the serial port behind the device.
As you can see in the picture below, there are 2 serial port. Why ? And which pin is TX, RX, GND ?
Thank you !

IMG20220914204748.jpg

Hi @spykik

I have heard back from HikVision and unfortunately, it looks like the serial cable required isn't available to purchase with vendors.

Here is what HikVision have said below:

"You would need the serial cable adapter which cannot be sourced from any vendor"

If however, you could send us some more information and pictures about the "Active on Entry Delay" parameter you are struggling with. We can try to figure out a solution for it without having to update the firmware.

Hi @Jake Hulks ,
Thank you for you reply.

I found the following information about the "Active on Entry Delay", in the "AX Pro v1.2.3 Release notes" :
entrydelay.png

As mentionned, the keypad shall "wake up" during entry delay. But for my keypad, whatever the option is active or not, the keypad does not wake up and I have to active it manually (my entry delay is 45s). This option does not have any effect on my installation.
It is not a very important option, but in my installation, the keypad is just behind the first door and I always use it, so it would be better if it could be already active when I enter the room.

Back