01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Device Time won't sync and HDD won't overwrite

HairyPete

Hi All,
I have a DS7608NI-I2/8P that suddenly stop recording last October. Before this it was happily overwriting the 5TB HDD.
I've enjoyed reading through past posts looking for a solution to this one and have managed to get up to date on firmware, V4.60.000 build 211129, but that's it.

Everything else seems to be working fine except:
1. The Device date is 1-Jan-1970. When manually changing on the NVR the first available date is 1-1-2004, but setting it to any date and saving has no effect, it simply reverts to 1970. on the browser it will sync the Set Time to PC, but does not actually change the device time on save.
2. The dates on screen for each camera show the correct date but the times are off by 10 to 90 seconds over 5 cameras.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hi @HairyPete

I think usually this issue is fixed when updating the firmware, but as that hasn't happened in your case I think the only option will be to hard reset the NVR and when it reboots as inactive it should then be showing the correct start time.

if there is internet access setup the NVR NTP server to point at 0.pool.ntp.org and the update time to every 24 hours.

Thanks
@David - I have already tried setting up an NTP server. On the NVR nothing appears to change, via IE it says "Invalid Operation" on save.
@Dan - I assume hard reset means factory reset on NVR? I tried this but the time was still showing 1970 even at the setup pages. I have lost a couple of cameras now, but that's a side issue I'm sure I can fix.

Thanks
@David - I have already tried setting up an NTP server. On the NVR nothing appears to change, via IE it says "Invalid Operation" on save.
@Dan - I assume hard reset means factory reset on NVR? I tried this but the time was still showing 1970 even at the setup pages. I have lost a couple of cameras now, but that's a side issue I'm sure I can fix.
Its starting to looks as though something has failed, try another firmware reload and full factory reset.

@David and @Dan thanks for the suggestions.

I went through a few combinations of firmware reloads and resets with no luck until I finally remembered the old trick of removing the power supply cable for a good half hour. After this it booted back up with correct date and recording to the HDD, albeit with only one camera now working, but I'll post separately on that if I can't work it out.

HP

Back