01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO DNS error - the log shows "Domain name resolution failed"?

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

Hikvision87

Hi

Does anyone know what I should be looking at with this fault? It appears around 10 times a day, every day in my logs but the ax pro alarm is working perfectly fine with no issues at all.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1958.jpeg
    IMG_1958.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1959.jpeg
    IMG_1959.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 114
Hi

Does anyone know what I should be looking at with this fault? It appears around 10 times a day, every day in my logs but the ax pro alarm is working perfectly fine with no issues at all.

Thanks
Do you know the URL that is not resolving?

Maybe change the http port to 80, if that works you may need a port forwarding rule on your router.

I’m not able to use port 80.

Maybe I’ve missed something. I’ve opened the ports required. I can access the alarm via the url I’ve set up by creating the cname record.

Will it be the port redirection option in the router?

Hmmm I think that broke it as now the url does not work at all but I can access the alarm on the app.

So I added the IP and made the public and private port 8008. Is that wrong? I haven’t ever used this menu before.

Hmmm I think that broke it as now the url does not work at all but I can access the alarm on the app.

So I added the IP and made the public and private port 8008. Is that wrong? I haven’t ever used this menu before.
public internet wan side port 80
Private lan side port 8008

Back