01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Doorbell power?

jay1

Can I power the DS-KV6113-WPE1 doorbell with the existing 12v(?) doorbell power and connect via wifi or would I need to run an ethernet cable back to the NVR?

Last edited:
Hi @jay1

The KV6113-WPE1 does support WiFi so it should be possible to power that doorbell with a 12v power supply, see the product's datasheet

Hi @jay1

The KV6113-WPE1 does support WiFi so it should be possible to power that doorbell with a 12v power supply, see the product's datasheet
Thanks Dan. I'll pick one up and have a play with it. I've seen people having issues with it not recording to the SD card and only working when connected to an NVR. Is this still an issue on the latest firmware?

Hi @jay1

We haven't tested it ourselves but as far as we are aware, on the latest firmware, the intercom/doorbell should record stills from doorbell presses and event triggers to the MicroSD card, but for continuous video recording, I believe it does still need to be linked to the NVR. (not directly plugged into the NVR though as this will stop the intercom function linking to the Hik-Connect app)

Back