01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Doorbell with 2 indoor panels & mobile app - app rings, panels don't!

ktygames

Hello,

I'm probably more techie than the average person but I'm really an accountant, so my knowledge is limited - apologies in advance!

My builder's electrician installed a HikVision KV6113 doorbell and two KH6320 panels in my flat. When he handed me a key to the gate it operates I was confused, and when I asked why I couldn't use an app or something he had no idea .

Hours of my time later, I have the Hik-Connect app, the Hik-Patrner Pro app, and the gate doorbell now calls my iPhone. BUT it's stopped calling the 2 panels.

I've googled for hours. Changed settings, downloaded SADP, iVMS-4200, every manual I can find, and logged into the doorbell on a web page, and I just can't work out what's stopping the panels ringing.

I've made one the Main Indoor Station and the other the Extension. I've checked the IP address, the subnets, and the Firmware.

If someone could rescue me from myself I'd be very very grateful!

Thanks in advance,
Kate

Hello,

I'm probably more techie than the average person but I'm really an accountant, so my knowledge is limited - apologies in advance!

My builder's electrician installed a HikVision KV6113 doorbell and two KH6320 panels in my flat. When he handed me a key to the gate it operates I was confused, and when I asked why I couldn't use an app or something he had no idea .

Hours of my time later, I have the Hik-Connect app, the Hik-Patrner Pro app, and the gate doorbell now calls my iPhone. BUT it's stopped calling the 2 panels.

I've googled for hours. Changed settings, downloaded SADP, iVMS-4200, every manual I can find, and logged into the doorbell on a web page, and I just can't work out what's stopping the panels ringing.

I've made one the Main Indoor Station and the other the Extension. I've checked the IP address, the subnets, and the Firmware.

If someone could rescue me from myself I'd be very very grateful!

Thanks in advance,
Kate
You have probably added the system to Hik-Connect incorrectly. I think you've added the outdoor unit and in doing so ended up with a standalone doorbell.

Disable Hik-Connect on your KV6113 and delete the device from your Hik-Connect account. Enable Hik-Connect on the master KH6320 and add that to your Hik-Connect account. I'm not sure where that will get you, as making the changes you have so far, may have broken the original configuration...

The outdoor unit (KV6113 Main Door Station) is paired with one indoor station. That indoor station gets added to Hik-Connect. The second indoor station is added to the first indoor station (it sounds like you have that set up correctly but make sure that the KV6113 IP address is specified as the 'Main Door Station' on your main indoor station)

PS - you shouldn't need the Hik-Partner Pro installer app. The entire setup can be carried out from the main indoor station - just run the wizard and it'll take you through the steps where you add/specify the other devices. Trying to do it through the Hik-Partner Pro app or web browser will more likely lead to misconfiguration if you're not entirely familiar with all of the settings.

How did you know I'd added the outdoor unit? Genius!

As it happens, by the time I went to bed last night the Main Indoor Station was ringing again.

Now both indoors are working plus my phone - thank you very much.

I have one more Q, if you don't mind. How can I stop the extremely frequent Motion Detection Alarms coming up on my phone please?

It's just the wind blowing the trees - I don't need to know about it

Thanks again.

How did you know I'd added the outdoor unit? Genius!

As it happens, by the time I went to bed last night the Main Indoor Station was ringing again.

Now both indoors are working plus my phone - thank you very much.

I have one more Q, if you don't mind. How can I stop the extremely frequent Motion Detection Alarms coming up on my phone please?

It's just the wind blowing the trees - I don't need to know about it

Thanks again.
It's best to add the system to Hik-Connect using only the indoor unit. The problem with adding the outdoor unit is that it goes through to Hik-Connect as if it were standalone. When someone presses the call button, it will continue to ring on your phone after you've answered the call on the indoor unit (and possibly vice versa)

I wouldn't bother with the motion detection to be honest. It's just basic motion with no filtering so is likely to be problematic. Login to the outdoor unit with a web browser. From there you can lower the sensitivity, or mask the blowing trees maybe. Or better still disable it.

Back