01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Drawing Alarm Area

ahall42631

I am having a lot of trouble drawing the Area Setting under Configuration/Event/Basic Event. In the videos I have watch this has been accomplished by putting together square blocks. For me I have to draw lines to create the area, but when I have to draw the last line to the point where the first line started I get an error because the line is not drawn to the exact point. Does anyone have a similar experience or solution? Is there a way to go back to defining the entire view as the monitored area?

I am having a lot of trouble drawing the Area Setting under Configuration/Event/Basic Event. In the videos I have watch this has been accomplished by putting together square blocks. For me I have to draw lines to create the area, but when I have to draw the last line to the point where the first line started I get an error because the line is not drawn to the exact point. Does anyone have a similar experience or solution? Is there a way to go back to defining the entire view as the monitored area?
Using the blocks is the older motion detection method and has been replaced by drawing the lines. It's easy when you know how...

Click your starting point, then click to extend your shape repeatedly (without crossing lines). You don't draw the very last line!, you right click and it will automatically complete the shape by joining your last point to your first. Eg for a square you'd click bottom left, top left, top right, bottom right then right click to automatically join the bottom right (point 4) to the bottom left (point 1)

Using the blocks is the older motion detection method and has been replaced by drawing the lines. It's easy when you know how...

Click your starting point, then click to extend your shape repeatedly (without crossing lines). You don't draw the very last line!, you right click and it will automatically complete the shape by joining your last point to your first. Eg for a square you'd click bottom left, top left, top right, bottom right then right click to automatically join the bottom right (point 4) to the bottom left (point 1)
Thanks for the help. I found a video that indicates if you pic 10 points it will automatically complete the shape, i.e. draw the last line. It is unfortunate this does not seem to be indicated in the instructions.

Back