01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1 issues

ogniemi

hi
I've bought DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1 with latest firmware on-board (factory): V5.5.88 build 200610
Is this G0 camera model or G1 as in name DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1?
Becausd the last avaialble firmware to download from this camera related site DS-2CD2041G1-IDW is G0 and is much older IPC_G0_EN_STD_5.5.82_190130.zip than factory one installed in my camera.

Why this firmware is labeled G0 and not G1 as in model name of this camera?

I can't find V5.5.88 build 200610 in G1 folder: HIKVISION UK PORTAL

but I can find it in G0's folder: DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Why it is so confusing? Why latest firmware is not promoted as current offical on this camera related site above?

Moreover, with the latest firmware I have, there are still major issues existing:
1) no support for major browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Edge (only obsolete Internet Explorer 11 can be used to be able login camera portal/web interface)
2) whenever I install my own Let's encrypt certificate in this camera, https URL stops functionning completely (telnet to port 443 still works but not possible to open in IE11 anymore)
3) there is no option to disable IR in Web interface

kind regards,
Chris

Hi @ogniemi

The simple answer to your main question is that if the camera is running a firmware more recent than what is currently displayed at the Hikvision website and on the download portal then that firmware is the latest and that version is brand new from the factory and yet to be added to the Hik website and/or download portal.

As you will see from the release notes for the v5.5.88 firmware in the G0 folder the DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1 is classified as a G0 camera, it is confusing because the G1 firmware folder refers to the G1 family of cameras (2xx3G0,2xx5G1,2xx7G1) but the name of this folder has nothing to do with the G1 in the product codes which actually simply denotes the generation of the cameras hardware/software. (e.g. the G1 cameras are 1st generation and have older hardware than the latest G2 & G3 camera models)

Unfortunately, as far as we are aware Hikvision has no plans to fix the modern browser support issue for G0 cameras and will likely instead encourage those camera users to connect the cameras to an I-series NVR which does support modern browser access or to use their own free VMS solution - iVMS-4200

Thank for your answer.
That is what I was predicting that Hikvision is not willing to fix this major issue. The fun is that vendor claims this camera supports Firefox and Chrome what is untruth.
Probably these cameras will be usueless for many users if Microsoft removes IE11 compeltely from Windows system.
I have returned this camera to the shop.

kind regards,
Chris

Back