01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2347G1-LU ColorVu not seen on network.

robh

Hi
i am having an odd problem with a new camera DS-2CD2347G1-LU, i took it out the box when i got it, set it up IP wise, configured a few options, then put it back into the box for storage, when i went to install it the other day i could not see it on the network at all, no hikvision tool will find it. even an IP scanner tool does not find it.
but the odd thing is, now and then it will show up in the SADP tool , web interface magicly comes up but then once get on to its as if it locks up then goes offline again..

when i unpower the device and repower it , i can see on wireshark the device boots, looks for a TFTP server then thats pritty much it. the LED lights light up, go out and then switch power shows ethernet data light.. and POE light is on ok (should maybe say i am powering this device from POE)
do you think a external power may make a difference incase its a power issue on the POE side?
i dont have a power brick to hand right now will try to get one.

any one else had this issue.
device is on standard as shipped firmware
5.6.2_190701

its a UK/western model not an import.

thanks, rob

EDIT: oh i might add, in wireshark i see camera come up on IPV6 with fe80::9adf:82ff:fe03:71bd , of which if i ping it replys, but a brower does not load a page up at all to this address

just an update , put the camera onto 12v power supply, still the same results. sounds like its an RMA job?

Hi @robh,

Sounds like it may well be an RMA job and an issue with the PoE connection if you've tried with a separate power supply.

How are you connecting the camera to your LAN?
Does it look like the RJ45 port/connection has corroded?
Have you tried a different network cable?

Back