01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2347G2-LU Installation Query

Ste1010

Looking at installing a DS-2CD2347G2-LU turret and am wondering if I need a junction box. The camera will be wall mounted on an external brick wall. POE cable will exit wall directly behind camera.
Does this model have tails as the installation guide on this website shows it doesnt.
I dont want to drill a big hole in the wall to push the tails and plugs back through. I have read on another site that the cat 5 cable can be hidden behind the camera As there are no tails but then also seen on a couple of videos this camera does have tails.

Reason I dont want a juntion box mount as they all seem to have a gland for the cable to exit where mine will come straight out from behind the camera

any help or advice appreciated
thanks

Hi @Ste1010

This guide should answer a lot of your questions - Please Read: IMPORTANT - Installing Hikvision IP Cameras Correctly

The DS-2CD2347G2-LU definitely does have a 30cm (ish) fly lead, as you can see from here in this review on YouTube (the version shown here is the variant with the strobe light and speaker, but the rest of the design is the same as the DS-2CD2347G2-LU) - Hikvision 2nd Generation Acusense Light & Sound Turret Camera.

So, you will need to use a junction box rather than coiling your cat5 cable and connections in the base to protect them - hiding them in the base can lead to water damage / corrosion which Hikvision's warranty will not cover. The correct junction box for the camera is the DS-1280ZJ-DM21, as you can see in the product photos, the side-mounted gland can be removed and blanked off by the white plug that comes in the base if you need to use the rear entry:

1611912460284.png
1611912445184.png

Hi rather than starting a new thread regarding the DS-1280ZJ-DM21 my pigtails will also be going straight out the back of it and into the wall.
Is there something I can use to seal the hole with as it is exceptionally big and I'd imagine rain would get in as it will be mounted on a pebbledashed wall so not even tight against the wall.

A rubber grommet would be ideal I'd imagine if anyone can recommend a size or is there another way?

Hi @RoundSquare

The threaded holes in the junction boxes are usually 3/4 BSP sized, you should be able to find a rubber grommet or gasket to fit those threads.

Back