01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2347G2 Very low frame rate at night?

mba1980

I have 2 x DS-2CD2347G2 colorvu, 1 in 2.8mm and the other 4mm. Im noticing that at night the fps drops to around 3-4fps.

I am using QVRPro as a NVR from QNAP, recordings during the day remain around the 20-25fps i have the cameras set at, but as the night comes the fps drops

I do not use tghe inbuilt light as the ambient light on the street gives a good image, it just gives a poor fps :(

Attachments

• hik.JPG
    hik.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 178
  • qnap.JPG
    qnap.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 165
  • rec.JPG
    rec.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 181
Check what your 'slowest' shutter speed is set to. If it's too long - you'll only get a few frames per second - however shortening it will likely result in a poorer image as less light will reach the sensor. It's a bit trial and error - I like to keep the slowest speed to around 1/100 if I can get away with it - as the slower the shutter the blurrier the image when movement occurs. (Static shots of a street can look lovely until someone walks past in a blur)

Check what your 'slowest' shutter speed is set to. If it's too long - you'll only get a few frames per second - however shortening it will likely result in a poorer image as less light will reach the sensor. It's a bit trial and error - I like to keep the slowest speed to around 1/100 if I can get away with it - as the slower the shutter the blurrier the image when movement occurs. (Static shots of a street can look lovely until someone walks past in a blur)
Perfect!

I had the shutter at 1/3 because like you said it gives a nice static image.

1/25 i get 20 fps
1/12 i get 12
1/6 i get 6
1/3 i get 3

Easy when you realise *bang head*

Back