01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ds-2cd2386g2-iu SD card playback?

Speedydave

Hi All,
Just installing my new ds-2cd2386g2-iu (replacing an old DS-2CD3145F-I)
Fitted 128gb SanDisk "Max Endurance" card and formatted via the browser interface.

Anyways, cannot for the life of me figure out how to replay captured video that should be getting stored on the SD card.
My old camera did this perfectly fine via the "playback" tab on the browser.

This one just has "live View" and "Configuration" tabs ( no playback)

Any ideas ?

Hi @Speedydave

It will be a browser compatibility issue with the firmware which you are running on that camera that's causing the playback menu not to show.

You should be able to see it using Internet Explorer mode, by following these steps:

Or, by adding the camera to the iVMS-4200 software, which you can download from here:

Also, which firmware version is currently installed on the new camera, and what is the "Firmware Version Property" number of the camera, please?
You can find his info in Configuration System System Settings Basic Information.

Hi Kyle,
thanks for getting back to me.
Went for dinner and by the time I got back, the old playback menu had appeared ! ( Firefox 60.9.0 esr 64bit ) (I don't use IE at all )

Camera firmware is V5.7.10 build 220830

version property is B-R-G5-0

Still feeling my way around this one as it is a bit different from my old camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, great :)

Looks like you've already updated to the latest firmware.

This may help with familiarising with the camera - it's a video on one of the LiveGuard models from the same range (that uses the same firmware), so you won't have all of the same features shown, such as the strobe light and speaker deterrent, but most of the rest of the setup is the same:

Back