01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and iDS-7204HUHI-M1/FA compatibility?

c4nt0y

Hi,

I was thinking of adding the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL 2.8mm 102° IP to a iDS-7204HUHI-M1 / FA again same question I was thinking, is there a limitation on doing so, just for clarification, i have a few questions if you could help me with.

Can the camera be connected to that DVR?

Do I get Full FPS from the IP camera on live Stream?

Do I get Full FPS on recording with the IP Camera?

In what way do I access the camera from the "Embedded Net DVR" for example on the analogue camera I go to the "Embedded Net DVR" live view and select the camera I wish to change settings on.

With an IP camera then it must be from only the IP address of the camera and enter the via admin (recently set up password).

thankyou.

Hi @c4nt0y

You'll probably run into problems if trying to use that 8MP IP camera with the iDS-7204HUHI-M1/FA DVR.

Despite the DVR stating you can connect IP cameras to it, the bandwidth capability stated in the datasheet does not look like it will be enough for this camera, as we advise allowing for around 15Mbps for these:
1679065420902.png

It may work OK for one IP camera - hopefully, somebody with more experience with hybrid DVRs can advise.
But, if the camera is set to 8MP, then the NVR will also only be able to record in 8fps:
1679066241933.png

So, if you only plan to connect a couple of the 8MP IP cameras, then the DS-7604NI-K1-4P(C) will have enough bandwidth to do so and is a much better option for IP cameras - this would be your most affordable solution.
Or, you can use the IP camera standalone with a POE switch or injector, recording a microSD card inside it.
Both of these methods would let you record and live view in the full 30fps, and you would have an IP address for the camera to log into it and access all of the settings (this is also how you access the footage on the microSD card / NVR).

It sounds like you have the DVR already, so if you would like a camera that's compatible with that, then I'd recommend using an 8MP ColorVu analogue camera instead - all of the options can be found here:

Hello,

Yes I have the DVR already just was wanting to replace one camera with an 8MB with colour VU and mic but i can not see any on Hikvisions website with that spec for analogue coax connection.

This Thread that I posted in someone was asking the same issue.

So am guessing the camera will work but just at 8MB with 8FPS live and recording.

wanting to replace one camera with an 8MB with colour VU and mic but i can not see any on Hikvisions website with that spec for analogue coax connection.
They don't do an 8MP 'Live Guard' model as yet. I find Hikvisions analogue HDTVi range a bit of a minefield. It's often difficult to interpret the capabilities of the DVR's - previously HQHI, HUHI, HTHI models were up to 2MP, 5MP and 8MP respectively but that's changed with the newer models (such as yours) and there is some support for 8MP on the HUHI. You tend to find you cannot get all the features you want on one camera model - it might have PoC (power over coax) but not AoC (audio over coax) etc.

I think the highest resolution models with the Live Guard function in the analogue range look to be the DS-2CE12KF3T-PIRXO(2.8mm) and DS-2CE12UF3T-PIRXO(2.8mm) which are bullet format with 3K resolution.

I have 4 cameras already DS-2CE72KF0T-FS one is faulty, works one day then the next like a double ghost image, might be a BNC connector or camera fault.

Hikvison have this one DS-2CE72DF3T-PIRXOS with the -S at the end for mic, where this newer model DS-2CE72UF3T-PIRXO no -S, have even researched on adding a mic to that camera no joy, I thought that a IP camera might be the solution, just seems to buy another switch, cables and the camera itself is around the £240 to get 8MB, colourVU and audio is alot, maybe just sticking with getting another KF0T or maybe hold off.

thanks for the help so far.

Just testing something out about the h.256+ video encoding would allow more bandwidth for an 8MP IP Camera, what do people think about that, so allowing 15mbs for 30FPS @8MB would be lower to 4.4mbs for 30fps @8MB

Made me think about that issue on this Thread about KamirZg saying "Only worry is total bandwidth of DVR." enabling h.256+ might be a work around.

** have test my link to that thread above this time, its working, so have doubled checked the link to make sure its a working link to a thread that was dated back Jan 10, 2023.

Just testing something out about the h.256+ video encoding would allow more bandwidth for an 8MP IP Camera, what do people think about that, so allowing 15mbs for 30FPS @8MB would be lower to 4.4mbs for 30fps @8MB

Made me think about that issue on this Thread about KamirZg saying "Only worry is total bandwidth of DVR." enabling h.256+ might be a work around.

** have test my link to that thread above this time, its working, so have doubled checked the link to make sure its a working link to a thread that was dated back Jan 10, 2023.
I'm not a fan of H265+ myself and always stick to H265. The recommended bit rate is shown below:

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.08.52.png

When I selected h.265+ the DVR selected 1440 rate default, this caused 1 of the 4 camera to be blacked out, but once lowered to 1024 it works fine and with play back, infact I think the picture is improved, less artifacts on each FPS, might not be the same for eveyone.

Am curious, is the bandwidth shared or allocated to each channel? I think on cameras with more movement or less could be set differently, also once the h.256+ is selected the (Bitrate Type) & (Video Quality) are greyed out.

Am curious, is the bandwidth shared or allocated to each channel? I think on cameras with more movement or less could be set differently, also once the h.256+ is selected the (Bitrate Type) & (Video Quality) are greyed out.
The bandwidth is shared.

Yes with H265+ you cannot set the Bitrate Type. H265+ is variable. Similarly video quality cannot be set, H265+ adjust the quality to try and remain within the range. When there's a lot of movement in the image, the H265+ codec will lower the quality to maintain the frame rate and try and stay below the max bitrate. Conversely when the image is relatively static, the codec will raise the quality. In H265 the artefacts you refer to will be the I Frame which is a full frame refresh of the image. 25 FPS with an I Frame of 50 will cause that refresh to take place every 2 seconds and will always be visible. The I Frame interval in H265+ is again something that cannot be adjusted.

Back