01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL Recording issue?

Gonzo

Hi, brand new DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL to replace an older 4mp Hikvision camera, I've setup the recording to my NAS the same as before, trigger recording on motion detection. I also added in a flashing light on detection for good measure.
The issue is last night it basically recorded for the entire night with the recording colour of the alarm, not once did it use motion, it wasn't detecting motion as the alarm light was off.
It's on the latest firmware (first thing I did) and due to the new feature of person and vehicle detection I've the basic event motion detection setup this time so I can make use of this to try and stop false positives from insects flying around at night.
I have checked all the settings and no alarm events are set apart from scene change detection and once daylight came it's recording normally again, basically no recording as it's a quiet back yard.

I'm more than a little stumped if anyone can throw some advice into the mix it'd be appreciated :)

Thanks @Gonzo

So do you have both Scene Change and Motion Detection enabled?

Can you share screenshots of your event configuration?

Thanks @Gonzo

So do you have both Scene Change and Motion Detection enabled?

Can you share screenshots of your event configuration?
Scene change is now off, it was set to notify the app but never did. I get no alerts as to why it's recording apart from the odd one when I turn the kitchen lights on for instance but it seems to be getting used to that.

Line crossing detection is on and works as expected, last night it seemed to be better until 3am then it's a solid recording again until daylight.
I think I'll factory reset it to rule out the update messing things up, reconfigure and report back with some config settings.

Reactions: Dan
Back