01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-2CD2387G2-LU RTMP upgrade?

Malcs

I have just purchased a DS-2CD2387G2-LU with the intention of live streaming to YouTube. I believe I need to install RTMP firmware and searched to no avail

Can someone point me in the right direction please

Great low light level performance but playing around with the bitrate and resolution but can't stop extreme judder. Not been able to open the mic as well. Any ideas please?

Hi @Malcs

The judder is likely to do with shutter speed/exposure time, the ColorVu cameras by default are set to a slow 1/12 exposure time to allow more light into the sensor for better colour images at night but this slow speed also causes motion blur. If you go into the camera image settings you can increase the shutter speed to something between 1/12 and 1/25, but it will be a bit of trial and error because the faster you go with the shutter speed the darker the image will become.

In regards to the Mic, please check that you have done the steps mentioned in the below forum post:

Hi @Malcs

The judder is likely to do with shutter speed/exposure time, the ColorVu cameras by default are set to a slow 1/12 exposure time to allow more light into the sensor for better colour images at night but this slow speed also causes motion blur. If you go into the camera image settings you can increase the shutter speed to something between 1/12 and 1/25, but it will be a bit of trial and error because the faster you go with the shutter speed the darker the image will become.

In regards to the Mic, please check that you have done the steps mentioned in the below forum post:

Thanks for your help again. Strangely both picture and sound issues have gone after some hours of running. Perhaps it was a case of 'bedding in' if there is such a thing. I will keep your reply in case it reoccurs. Now, it's just a case of configuring for YouTube. l tried following ADS Hikvision Tech -
walk through but I think it maybe my MacBook Pro 12.0.1. not allowing outgoing data by the firewall or vpn software settings?

Camera seems to be YT ready but the create page won't accept the stream

Make sure that you're using H.264 encoding on the camera as I know this is needed for the stream to work.

If you use all of the same settings / follow the same steps that are shown in this video, everything should be correct at the camera end:

Reactions: Dan
I have just purchased a DS-2CD2387G2-LU with the intention of live streaming to YouTube. I believe I need to install RTMP firmware and searched to no avail

Can someone point me in the right direction please
Thank you Kyle. That will be a help. Getting there...slowly!
Hi Kyle. Can you recommend an alternative to DS-2CD2387G2-LU camera that will focus down to 100mm. The DS-2CD2387G2-LU will focus at around 1.5metres. I will use it to livestream nature to YouTube, hedgehogs in particular as the several visit my garden every night. I am looking for something with the best low light resolution in colour without the need for additional light as this scares them off. TIA.

Back