01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2455FWD-IW Firmware

cvs123

Hi,

I have tried to upgrade the firmware on my recently purchased DS-2CD2455FWD-IW Hikvision camera. I used the latest version from the Hikvision website. Unfortunately the camera now won't boot.

I have been able to get it talking with TFTP using IP 192.168.1.128 fixed (not 192.0.128 as specified elsewhere) and have tried various firmware versions but without luck. The only firmware version that successfully transmits and confirms as installed is this latest version which doesn't boot. All other versions from the portal say "transmitting" but never get installed with a confirmation message. The version on the rear of the camera is V5.5.53_180622.

I'm hoping someone on here might be able to assist. I have also emailed Hikvision technical support although I've heard the support is not that great.

Which firmware did you use v5.6.x? A link to the firmware download might help too. Hikvision's TFTP recovery (the older version) does have a size limitation on the firmware file. I suspect you'll need to use one of the modified TFTP apps to do this.

I used IPC_G1_ML_STD_5.5.0_170725 which is the only one available on the HIKvision website.

I wonder if it is a file size issue with TFTP as all the portal versions are 30mb+ and the one off the Hikvision website is 28mb. Do you have a link to another TFTP I could try?

Thanks for your help Stewart. I looked through all the firmwares available and rolled back to a much earlier version that had a smaller file size which worked. Now I'm back on the web interface, I can upgrade to a later version. Thanks for your help.

Back