01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2655FWD-IZS unable to upgrade firmware from v5.5.51 to any later versions

Hi

I have 7 x DS-2CD2655FWD-IZS cameras and they are all running firmware v5.5.51 and they won't upgrade to a later firmware.

The error message displayed from the camera web interface is: failed to get the upgrading progress

Please could anyone suggest how we can apply later firmware ?

We have tried a full reset from the web interface and actually using the camera reset button but nothing helps

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi there,

What firmware version are you trying to upgrade to? Can you give a link to where you're trying to download the firmware from?

Sometimes skipping several of the major updates and only downloading the latest can cause problems, try downloading V5.6.0 (click for link) first and let me know if this works.

Hi

I have tried various different versions either by jumping to latest and also in sequence.

From (Current) 5.5.51
To

Just tried your link kyle and this still gives the same error

However, made today a restore of default parameters, and then tried to load the firmware again, which then accepted/loaded.

The above was from someone in a different thread that was getting the same error message and got things working.

So try:

Config > System > Maintenance > Upgrade and Maintenance > Reset all the parameters, except the IP parameters and user information, to the default settings.

And then try loading the firmware.

Also tried this as well, done a factory reset using keeping the IP etc, done a factory reset back to defaults and also done a factory reset using the hardware reset button.

Each time tried a firmware upgrade after the reset and still get the same error message

Hi, I'm still experiencing the firmware upgrade issue, can anyone suggest anything else to try and get the 7 cameras to upgrade to the latest available firmware ?

Have you tried using a different computer for the update?

Are you unzipping/extracting the digicap.dav file when downloading the zipped download file?

I've seen reports of it strangely working for some when the digicap.dav is uploaded to the device from a different folder in the PC, such as documents. Does this work?

I have tried the firmware from a different machine and also tried from different folders but still the same error.

Anything else we can try ?

Yes have done everything in the above link. So we are at a complete loss as to why the camera will not upgrade.

It might be the browser that you're using, have you tried it in Internet Explorer (not Edge) or Chrome?

Also check that it is the same firmware file that is downloaded and that you're not mistakenly trying to load another digicap file saved on your PC, as this is what was caused the same error message for me in the past.

I got the firmware upgrade to work by doing the following:

Model: DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P
Original version: V4.1.50 build 180423
Target version: V4.50.000 build 210125
  1. Ran Internet Explorer as Administrator.
  2. Accessed the NVR using IP Address only, NOT any DNS host name you may have asssigned on the network.
  3. Kept the folder path for the digicap.dav file short, with no spaces.
Hope that helps.

Back