01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2T87G2-L ( 2.8 mm and 4.0 mm )

Geert

Hello
Is there a different between the DS-2CD2T87G2-L 4.0 mm and the DS-2CD2T87G2-L 2.8 mm
I can switch the Metadata in the 4.0 mm switch on To get extra light when someone is going in the Protected area ,
In the 2.8 mm model there is NO Metadata available , ( That means NO extra light when someone is going in the protected zone :( )

Have already update them to the latest firmware ( 5.7.3 Build 220112 )

Who can help me with this .... ( What is my mistake )

Thanks in advance
Geert

Hi @Geert

Can you login to each camera and go to Configuration > System > System Settings > Basic Information and confirm the "Firmware Version Property" of each camera?

Hi Dan ,

The only different i see is the :
Feature of the Firmware ( hope i translate it good ) in Dutch Eigenschap van de Firmware
In the 2.8 mm is that B-R-G5-0
in the 4.0 mm is that B-R-G3-0

Don't know what this mean ?

Yes, it means both cameras should be using different firmware.

The 2.8mm is a (C) G5 model that should be using the latest G5 firmware which is v5.7.3
The 4mm is a non-(C) G3 model that should be using the latest G3 firmware which is v5.5.801

Someone else at the forum recently brought an issue about G5 cameras not supporting Metadata and when we asked Hikvision support they confirmed that the G5 models don't currently support it but they are working on adding support for Metadata in a future firmware update. see the thread below:

Thanks Dan , But :)

I have a different model as the DS-2CD2047G2-LU , are u sure i can update it with this firmware ??

Have no Idea
thanks in advance
Geert

Firmware is in the camera , has started again ... let's hope that the Metadata will be in the next update
thanks Dan for Helping

Reactions: Dan
Yes, your model is different but it is still a 2x47G2 ColorVu model and both the 2T47 and 2047 use the same firmware.

The (C) G5 models are the latest version of the ColorVu models, they are almost exactly the same as the G3 models but do have some minor software changes which mean some features from the G3 are not available currently on the G5 and vice versa. Due to these slight changes the G5 and G3 models do use different firmware.

Good to hear the update worked.

Dan ,
You are always working and testing Cameras , then i can ask you ,
What is the Best Camera ( ColorVu ) that make people visible in the dark ( mean really visible ,, when they are walking ) No ghost view :)
The distance to the object is around 20 Mtr , and 7 Mtr

Geert

Back