01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-2DE4A215IW-DE firmware?

faqinel

Can any one help with the firmware for this camera (DS-2DE4A215IW-DE). I've got to say that hunting for some Hikvision firmware is a nightmare. Why can't they just link from the product page.

Can any one help with the firmware for this camera (DS-2DE4A215IW-DE). I've got to say that hunting for some Hikvision firmware is a nightmare. Why can't they just link from the product page.
Login to the camera and go to Configuration > System Settings > Basic Information. Post back what you see for the two items below:
  1. 'Firmware Version' (so we know what version the camera is currently on and whether you'll need to upgrade through more than one version)
  2. 'Firmware Version Property' (that will indicate what platform the camera uses for firmware) I think it's an R7 model but it might be an S6. It's best I don't post a link to the page without knowing for sure (I wouldn't want you to brick your camera!)
Why can't they just link from the product page.
They (Hikvision) are starting to do that and are advising to check the product page rather than the portal for the latest firmware. However if a model is discontinued (as the R7 models are), the portals are the only reliable source.

Upvote 0
Back