01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2DE5425IW-AE firmware install of (S6) version?

1jp

So i have a DS-2DE5425IW-AE, not a S5 r S6 or T5 etc. I am led to beleive the hardware in this camera is the same as the DS-2DE5425IW-AE (S5) and (S6) with the formware being the only difference?

If this is correct is their a way of installing (S5) or (S6) model firmware onto it?

Thanks advance

Solution
Hi @1jp

The S5, S6, T5 models do have some minor hardware changes and some core software changes which allows them to support some more advanced & different features than the earlier models, which is also why they use different firmware.

It is not possible to load the S5, S6, T5 firmware onto an older non-S5/S6/T5 model.
Hi @1jp

The S5, S6, T5 models do have some minor hardware changes and some core software changes which allows them to support some more advanced & different features than the earlier models, which is also why they use different firmware.

It is not possible to load the S5, S6, T5 firmware onto an older non-S5/S6/T5 model.

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi dan, thanks for the info, would you know if it supports any kind of automated tracking, such as zooming into and following any moving things in the scene?

Upvote 0
Looking at the specs I can find online for the non-S5/S6/T5 model there does not appear to be any mention of smart tracking or auto tracking, this appears to be a feature that has only been added in more recent S5/S6/T5 models.

Upvote 0
Back