01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect DS-7204 notifications to Android iVMS-4500 (Samsung) not working

ramkump01

Hi Forum,

I have a hikvision 7204 DVR and using the hikconnect and IVMS 4500 android app but the push notifications dont work on my Samsung S10 but do work on my older Samsung S8, ive tried power mgmt settings, updating software on the apps, checked firmware but the notifications still dont work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Not working at all, or coming delayed?

If notifications are coming delayed or if only when the phone is charging or when you wake up the lock screen
then the "android doze" causing the problem. Ivms 4500 is not whitelisted to wake up phone.
Optimize for Doze and App Standby | Android Developers

Search for samsung and .\adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable

Hi its not coming at all, works on my older Samsung S8 but not at all on my S10, I checked all of the settings imaginable, ill try your suggestion but I believe I did this before, email notifications are being used as a workaround though I prefer push.

Also check this and try to "arm" notifications on phone ivms 4500 from both wifi or lte.
Mine was not accepting from lan (wifi) to open the "set alarm notification" on Ivms.
Check also if you have enabled the "one key disarm function" on NVR (if you have that) that stops notifications.

doze disabled still doesnt work on s10, like i mentioned the alarms work perfectly on my S8's (i have 2) on either data or wifi networks, it just will not work at all on my S10 so I ruled out the network and dvr. I'm baffled...

oh yeas and i made sure i tested both hiconnect and ivms 450 in the samsung s10 both the latest patch still no luck

You are logged in as admin at your S10 I believe and not as user or operator.
Try to turn off the "Set alarm notification" from any other IVMS-4500 device and log in only you as admin from S10 to see if there is a change.

7.jpg

Me logged in as admin and my wife as user or operator, no notifications to my wife.
Also make sure you use 4500 and not 4500 HD (worked abnormally on my Sammy).

Look if there is any new firmware versions for your DVR, that you can apply.

If IVMS is open working at your phone, still no silent alarm notifications showing as a numper at the top left corner of the app?

Check how the notifications are sent to a remote IVMS-4200 pc.

Did notifications ever worked at S10, f.e. with android 9 or one ui 1.0?
Double check if there is something on phone that stops IVMS notifications, like an antivirus or a battery optimization function, or something that put apps to sleep, or a "do not disturb", or app permissions .
And finally if someone in here has S10 and uses IVMS-4500, maybe can tell you something more than me, having an A50.

Hik and google f....ed me for 8 months with notifications, so I understand you completely.
Working at the same time 2 systems (NVR and software) with 2 network connections (local provider and private network) and 3 different cliends for the same Ip cams, just to make sure that Ivms works properly and I wont miss anything.

Hik stil f....ing me with remote playback playing only main stream, even if I record on both streams.
And everything bought from official Hik dealer for that, I don't have........F.........ING SUPPORT!!

Sorry for my English, not my mother language.

You are logged in as admin at your S10 I believe and not as user or operator.
Try to turn off the "Set alarm notification" from any other IVMS-4500 device and log in only you as admin from S10 to see if there is a change.

View attachment 4211

Me logged in as admin and my wife as user or operator, no notifications to my wife.
Also make sure you use 4500 and not 4500 HD (worked abnormally on my Sammy).

Look if there is any new firmware versions for your DVR, that you can apply.

If IVMS is open working at your phone, still no silent alarm notifications showing as a numper at the top left corner of the app?

Check how the notifications are sent to a remote IVMS-4200 pc.

Did notifications ever worked at S10, f.e. with android 9 or one ui 1.0?
Double check if there is something on phone that stops IVMS notifications, like an antivirus or a battery optimization function, or something that put apps to sleep, or a "do not disturb", or app permissions .
And finally if someone in here has S10 and uses IVMS-4500, maybe can tell you something more than me, having an A50.

Hik and google f....ed me for 8 months with notifications, so I understand you completely.
Working at the same time 2 systems (NVR and software) with 2 network connections (local provider and private network) and 3 different cliends for the same Ip cams, just to make sure that Ivms works properly and I wont miss anything.

Hik stil f....ing me with remote playback playing only main stream, even if I record on both streams.
And everything bought from official Hik dealer for that, I don't have........F.........ING SUPPORT!!

Sorry for my English, not my mother language.

I will try those suggestions like I mentioned the Samsung S8 works perfectly (I have 2 S8 and both work), the configuration in Hikconnect and ivms4500 is identical which both work on S8 for push notifications, i have updated all firmwares and apps from hikvison site. I turned off batter notifications, checked AV erased cache, check on wifi, check on 4g still no luck with S10.

The only last thing I have not done is erase the S10 which I do not want to do.

Notifications on IVMS 4500 (android 9/10/11) worked fine (after doze problem resolved), since last week they stopped.
I am getting a "failed to register the push server" and I can't turn them on, at the "set alarm notification" on phone.
Not even when connected to LAN.
Everything else is working fine (also notifications on IVMS 4200 and event emails to phone).
Same on a friends NVR (same 7716NXI Acu Sence) and also in 2 different Samsung devices.

I change the region to rest of Europe (Germany, Portugal, Italy, Spain) and also UK and I get the same "failed to register the push server" .
Then I change to USA and I can enable "set alarm notification", but I cant receive any.
In all cases above live view is working fine.

Application has the last update from Hikvision app store, and nothing changed from me on phone, nvr or network.
I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and reboot nvr, but nothing.

Any one familiar with how all that thing works? When the nvr sent a notification "request" is it going to Hikvision server (amazon hosted I thing),
or the "procedure" is different?

Any ideas, anyone?

Update.
Yesterday everything was fixed by itself. The "set alarm notification" is working again on IVMS 4500
and I am getting no "failed to register the push server" error messages.
Notifications are coming immediate at phone.
It seems that it was Hivision Europe servers problem.

Back