01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7204HGHI-F1 NO VIDEO dvr trouble

Lucas Ben

Hello,
I bought a few months ago a DVR DS-7204HGHI-F1 with 2 external cameras DS-2CE16D0T-IT3F, today I installed the cameras and made the connections with a CAT-5E UTP wire, the video from the cameras is not displayed in the monitor only the hikvision interface. So I tried with another DVR (DS-7208HGHI-F1 / N) and in this one the video is displayed
I don't know what to do. I just have the idea to buy another DVR.
Thanks in advance

PD: I update the firmware and connect other cameras but without sucess

Hi @Lucas Ben

How are you connecting the cameras to the DVR with network Cat5e cable?

This is a strange way to connect an analog Turbo HD camera to an analog DVR, usually, in an analog system you would connect everything with standard COAX analog cables, is there a reason you are not using this type of cable?

Upvote 0
Hi @Lucas Ben

How are you connecting the cameras to the DVR with network Cat5e cable?

This is a strange way to connect an analog Turbo HD camera to an analog DVR, usually, in an analog system you would connect everything with standard COAX analog cables, is there a reason you are not using this type of cable?
Most installers are using CAT5E these days @Dan - for ease of installation on HDTVI and fitting baluns at each end. The baluns are now PoC compatible so easy to run up to 4 cameras on a single CAT5E. It always looks a bit of a rats nest behind the DVR mind, unless RG59 patch cords and an enclosure are used to hide the baluns.

Upvote 0
Thanks @JB1970

You have much more installation experience than me (especially with analog) so it is always helpful when you share your knowledge. Always learning :D

Upvote 0
Back