01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7204HUHI-F1 / N firmware confusion

TimboUK

Hi All, currently confused about latest firmware on my DVR. Thought I'd upgraded to a higher version 3.4.92 but see the build number is 170809 (does that mean it was 2017? The version I had was a lower version number (think 3.4.89) but sure the build was a higher number.

Proper confused now. Can anyone explain and also say for sure whats the newest build?

Hi All, currently confused about latest firmware on my DVR. Thought I'd upgraded to a higher version 3.4.92 but see the build number is 170809 (does that mean it was 2017? The version I had was a lower version number (think 3.4.89) but sure the build was a higher number.

Proper confused now. Can anyone explain and also say for sure whats the newest build?
Usually the newer firmware is the higher number and I'd always go by that, however that build number does indicate August 9th 2017. The most important thing tp check is that you've definitely loaded the correct version of firmware for your DVR. With an NVR it's easy but it's a bit of a nightmare sometimes identifying the correct platform for DVR firmware. Bear in mind that firmware version numbers can be the same for different model NVRs even though the code is completely different so it's critical to select the correct version. What is the full model number of your DVR and what platform firmware have you loaded (K72 etc)?

Edit: ignore last comment, just noticed it's in the subject line

On the UK portal the latest version is 3.4.89 build 181108 available here:

You've probably loaded the wrong version as 3.4.92 170809 is for the 7204HUHIF1/S NOT /N the release notes state that it is not for your model. the release notes for that incorrect version are here:

Last edited:
Back