01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7204HUHI loses data (including default password) on reboot.

questjon

Hi all.

My Hikvision 7204 DVR loses data when rebooted including the default password. I have tried changing the backup battery and updating to the latest firmware but no improvement. Does anyone have any suggestions to try before I give up and buy a new DVR?

Hi all.

My Hikvision 7204 DVR loses data when rebooted including the default password. I have tried changing the backup battery and updating to the latest firmware but no improvement. Does anyone have any suggestions to try before I give up and buy a new DVR?
Bizarrely I've had the same issue on a customers DVR recently (installed by another company originally). That one is a 7204HQHI/K1.

I called to password reset the unit a couple of months ago and got it up and running for the customer, but after a power cut it seemed to revert to a previous config, rather than what was saved, or a default unregistered state. I called back and performed another password reset and unbound the device from HikConnect with SADP. Having put a new password in, I had a look in the config and could see various parameters, such as the HikConnect encryption key had a value in them I had not set. I performed a full factory reset at that point to clear it completely. At reboot.....couldn't access it again. I'm going back with a new DVR this week.

On a positive note if you have to change it, getting the iDS rather than the DS model - you'll gain the AcuSense facility on all your existing cameras which is a nice upgrade.

Last edited:
Back