01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) Firmware Upgrade?

Hi All,

I have the below Hikvision setup which hasnt been updated since install (around 2018). Are the below devices capable of being upgraded to a newer firmware?

DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)
4 x DS-2CD2385FWD-I

Apologies in advance if its a silly question but just want to be sure as i've heard scare stories of devices being bricked due to incorrect fw.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I have the below Hikvision setup which hasnt been updated since install (around 2018). Are the below devices capable of being upgraded to a newer firmware?

DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)
4 x DS-2CD2385FWD-I

Apologies in advance if its a silly question but just want to be sure as i've heard scare stories of devices being bricked due to incorrect fw.

Thanks!
First you need to identify the current versions of both the NVR and camera. If there is a large jump in firmware versions, it is recommended to step through a couple of revisions. For example if a camera was on version 1.2.3 and the latest version was 1.5.8 (these are made up version numbers), you would be advised to first update to any 1.3.x version, then any 1.4.x version before finally going to 1.5.8. If you do nee dt do consecutive updates on the same camera, it is recommended to clear your browser history in between updates as occasionally the directory structure of the cameras web server alters and the page fails to load correctly or at all until the history is cleared.

NVR latest version is 4.30.085 build210409 and is available at the bottom of the page here:

Camera latest version (it is G1 platform) is 5.6.6 build 210625 and is available at the bottom of the page here (there's a good chance that this will not be updated further as it's a couple of generations old now):

I would usually recommend updating the NVR first, before going through each of the cameras.

Hi, I am new to the forum and new to my DVR setup although I have had it for 3 years.

DS-7604NI-K1/4P
Firmware Version V3.4.93

I have followed the links that JB1970 provided and looked at loading the first V4.30.000 but received the message

'Upgrade failed. firmware mismatches.'

Any help or direction would gratefully be appreciated.

Hi, I am new to the forum and new to my DVR setup although I have had it for 3 years.

DS-7604NI-K1/4P
Firmware Version V3.4.93

I have followed the links that JB1970 provided and looked at loading the first V4.30.000 but received the message

'Upgrade failed. firmware mismatches.'

Any help or direction would gratefully be appreciated.
It's possible/probable that your 7604 is a different hardware version. There is the original, then there is also a 'B' and a 'C' version (edit: there's even a D version now!). The links I posted were for the B variant. To be honest I'm not entirely sure whether it is indicated anywhere on the NVR as to what model revision it is. You say your current version is 3.4.93...can you post the full version including the build. It'll be '3.4.93_build??????' The date of the build may provide a clue as to which revision it is (by matching that existing build in the portal)

Edit: I've had a quick look on both the UK and European portals. Only the original, first version of the DS-7604NI-K1/4P has that firmware version listed. It's V3.4.93_build170408. If your version matches that, I believe you have an original 7604. In that case it'll not update to the newer version 4 GUI. The newest version of firmware available is V3.4.103_build181226:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Hi JB, you are correct and the link to the upgrade worked. Thanks

It looks like I should invest in a newer DVR, which I want to do to include more cameras. Any suggestions what I should be looking for?

Hi JB, you are correct and the link to the upgrade worked. Thanks

It looks like I should invest in a newer DVR, which I want to do to include more cameras. Any suggestions what I should be looking for?
There are a few options. Currently the I series models are generally recommended (DS-7608NI-I2/P). However the NXI model will allow you to get the AcuSense functionality on older cameras that don't have it. Just to confuse matters further there is a new M series that is more powerful than the I series but thats not yet available (though should be soon) @Phil made a post about that new model

Hi @Ianto

@JB1970 is correct, there are several options available, see the links below:

DS-7608NI-I2/8P (I-series)
DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S AcuSense NVR (supports adding AcuSense features to up to 4 x 2MP non-AcuSense cameras - only one supported at 8MP resolution though)
DS-7608NI-M2/8P (M-series - supports more incoming bandwidth which allows you to use more 8Mp AcuSense/ColorVu cameras - stock expected November)

FYI the explainer on the new M-series NVRs is here:

Looks like I should be looking at the M-series and get new cameras for the areas I want to use AcuSense.
Thanks JB1970, Dan and Phil for your expert advice. Much appreciated.

Back