01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect DS-7608NI-E2/8P - everything only works when I am at home on the same network?

Tony

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and here is my question. I've had this system for several years now and been using iVMS-4500 client on my iPAD, and iPhone without a problem. In the past year or so I can't see the cameras remotely. Everything was working since my installation and all of sudden I can only see the cameras within my local area network.
I've also installed the Hik-Connection client and experiencing the same problem; everything only works when I am at home on the same network.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and here is my question. I've had this system for several years now and been using iVMS-4500 client on my iPAD, and iPhone without a problem. In the past year or so I can't see the cameras remotely. Everything was working since my installation and all of sudden I can only see the cameras within my local area network.
I've also installed the Hik-Connection client and experiencing the same problem; everything only works when I am at home on the same network.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
It's likely that your network has changed. At some point you have replaced the router, pressed reset on the router, changed internet provider. Depending on how the system was configured initially, either the network settings in the NVR now don't match (different providers use different IP subnets), or router settings have been lost or both.

Back