01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ds-7608ni-i2/8p hard drive max capacity?

rajiv.dey.se

Hi all,

Can you help me in understanding the maximum capacity of hard drive of ds-7608ni-i2/8p.

I read online documentation some documents mentions 8TB some mentions 10TB

Can anyone here confirm if they have used 8TB or 10TB.

I am planning to buy skyhawk any other recommendation?

Thanks

10TB HDDs should be fine.

It has always caused confusion that Hikvision's datasheets refer to low maximum hard drive capabilities.
This is because some of their NVRs are now quite old, and their datasheets reference the biggest drives they could test at the time of launch.
So, the info can be 5yrs old or so.

We have always found that you can use the biggest drives you can buy UNTIL we reached 18TB.
For whatever reason, 18TB HDDs seem too much for the Hikvision NVRs.

We are awaiting further feedback, testing, a firmware update or whatever it takes to make 18TB+ acceptable.
We have for a long time (10yrs+) recommended Western Digital Purple surveillance hard drives, because lived-experience tells us that we experience very few drive failures.

Recently we began to offer Toshiba surveillance drives too (for the slight cost saving), but have yet to build much experience of their durability in the field.

10TB HDDs should be fine.

It has always caused confusion that Hikvision's datasheets refer to low maximum hard drive capabilities.
This is because some of their NVRs are now quite old, and their datasheets reference the biggest drives they could test at the time of launch.
So, the info can be 5yrs old or so.

We have always found that you can use the biggest drives you can buy UNTIL we reached 18TB.
For whatever reason, 18TB HDDs seem too much for the Hikvision NVRs.

We are awaiting further feedback, testing, a firmware update or whatever it takes to make 18TB+ acceptable.
We have for a long time (10yrs+) recommended Western Digital Purple surveillance hard drives, because lived-experience tells us that we experience very few drive failures.

Recently we began to offer Toshiba surveillance drives too (for the slight cost saving), but have yet to build much experience of their durability in the field.
Really helpful.

Yes, that should be fine - it is Seagate's security HDD (and AI being their best version :))

So does it mean 12TB skyhawk ai is fine. I am getting a good deal on 12TB skyhawk AI
bought 12TB Skyhawk as advised now after a year of usage I am getting errors as
* Copyright 2008-2021 Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. *

----------------------------
1 2024-5-10 15:47:0
Major Type: Exception
Minor Type: HDD Error
Local User: N/A
Host IP Address: N/A
Parameter Type: N/A
HDD No.: 1

HDD: 1
Error Type: Partition Access Error

As a measure to fix the error, I rebooted my NVR ds-7608ni-i2/8p and now it does not detect my HDD what measure I can take?

Hi @rajiv.dey.se

If you have access to a Drive Reader that you can connect to a computer, you could try removing the HDD and testing it in the Drive Reader to see if any faults are detected.

If you don't have a Reader, then probably the only other option is to completely hard reset the NVR and see if the HDD is detected after the reset. If the HDD is not detected, that would suggest there might be a fault with the HDD and you'll need to speak to who you bought it from about a warranty replacement/repair.

Back