01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-I2/8P reboots randomly / slow access to login screen

SJS

Hello,

i have some problems with my new DS-7608 NI-I2/8P:

The NVR reboots randomly and is not able to record continous my 4 connected cams. Another point is, that sometimes it takes very long to see the login screen if i try to connect inside my LAN. The time to see the Screen varies from 1s to 30s.

It seems for me the NVR is "busy" with something...does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Stefan

Here are two screenshots - at the playpack view, the black time slots shows when the NVR does nothing (the NVR is in continous recording mode, so the timeline is blue).

snip_20161030163014.png snip_20161030162856.png

Today, two of four connected cams didn't work one moment of another. A manual reboot did fix it, now all 4 cams are available again.

Does this NVR have a hardware problem?

Update:

Ii have the solution for the random reboot issue: disabling UPNP (on the NVR and the cams) and what is more important, resetting the NVR to factory settings!

First, I did an update to the newest firmware 3.4.90 and disabled UPNP with no effect for the reboot issue. But after resetting the NVR to the factory settings it is now working perfectly without any problem. The access to the login screen works also normal and fast.

Hi,
I have the same appliance since a few days and problems with the reboot issue. I used all suggestions: Different firmwares, factory settings and disable UPNP even on the cams. I renewed the HDD and unplugged all cams physically. The NVR still reboots. I read a post which mentions that multilanguage firmware leads to memory overload. So i've installed a pure english FW 3.4.80. The NVR still reboots BUT less a day than with multilanguage firmwares.
Are you still fine with your device or are there problems with again? Is your FW 3.4.90 pure english or ML? I couldn't 3.4.90 in pure english.
Kind regards

Hi,
i have the multilanguage firmware 3.4.90 installed. After resetting the NVR to factory settings withe disabled UPNP the reboots are still there and not completely gone, but there are much more rare (only 1-7 times a week). Sometimes, the NVR works for days without any issue.

Another problem is, that with every new camera the NVR has to be resetted again...otherwise, the reboot problem several times a day comes back again.

I am still not 100% satisfied with this NVR.

BTW:

There is still another problem when accessing the NVR via IVMS...sometimes the NVR makes a reboot when i try to access him via IVMS and LTE over mobile phone...

Glad to hear it worked for so many of you who were experiencing the high-load reboot issue. Hopefully that shouldn't crop up again in the future!

Back