01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-K1 or HiLook?

atomicbullet

Hi Guys,

I'm currently looking at sorting out a proper NVR. I currently have 5 IP cameras set up (4x Hik, 1x unbranded but uses the same protocols) and probably going to expand to a few more, 8 channel is what i'm looking at but i suppose 16 channel for future proofing would be a benefit. I'm currently recording via PC software which is useful at times but i need something that supports 24/7 recording at full quality. The quality /compression isn't great on recordings via the PC compared to watching directly on the cameras web interface live. Remote viewing is done through iVMS iOS app for each camera manually (a pain each time i add a new camera but it's been a slow expansion of devices!).

I came across the DS-7608NI-K1 for a reasonable price but i can't seem to find much about it on the web apart from on shop websites and nothing specific on the main Hikvision site.

Is the device worth purchasing? I did start to look into HiLook NVRs but the price is quite high on some compared. Can you still use the iOS iVMS application to view HiLook Hik NVRs?

I don't necessarily need POE on the NVR, i dont need it to include a HDD, i suppose i don't really need HikConnect if i didn't have to providing the port forwarding is standard. I just need something i can leave recording and easily play back when needed and supports the iVMS app.

I did also come across the DS-7608NI-K2 which seemed pretty much the same and i couldn't really spot the differences in models from the basic information i could get for them both.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Thanks.

Hi @atomicbullet

We would not recommend either the K1, K2, or the HiLook NVR. We would recommend the DS-7608NI-I2/8P or the DS-7616NI-I2/16P

Both of these are I-series NVR which are more advanced than the K-series models you are looking at so if you are planning to grow your system 8 cameras or more the I-series would be the more future-proofed option as it continues to get software updates to better support the latest camera models.

Back