01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P + 3xDS-2CD2085FWD-I + H265+

bbb

Hello,
my set is:
- NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P (firmware V3.4.107 build 190927) + 4TB (Seagate SkyHawk -continuous recording)
- 3xDS-2CD2085FWD-I (firmware V5.6.2 build 190701) (+32GB some basic Sandisk microSD for move detection recordings)

When I set on cam H265+ max bitrate (8192kbps) and avarge max bitrate=4096 I've got few problems:
1. Unable to 4K Live View (even on one cam!) on Web Browser, Hik-Connect app and IVMS 4500 app. - 2nd stream works well....
2. The videos recorded by NVR (and on microSD card) are corrupted:
- they skipping/jumping some parts of video
- loop on some part of video
- there are some artefacts on timestamp (seconds especially)
- the only way to watch them is downloading on PC
At first I thought it was the problem with the bitrate (I’ve set 16384kbps and avarge max bitrate >8000kbps), but the settings above also causes a problem…
On H265 (16384kbps) in most cases it's okay, but sometimes hdd recordings have frozen for 1 second and shows some ghosting on fast moving objects. Also on H265 I'am able to watch three 4K streams on PC (via web page) or Android app.

1. Does anyone have a similar problem?
2. What settings should I set for h265+ (4K/20fps/highest quality) - the priority is picture quality.

I think when I tested it before firmware upgrade (NVR/CAMs) H265+ worked well. However I do not remember exactly fw ver and before what upgrade It was (cam or nvr)…
Generally it is quite strange, because H265+ uses less bandwidth than H265, so it should work better, but maybe it loads more the CPU of NVR or PC? Furthermore, I did not do factory reset after firmware upgrade - is it necessary?

Ps. Wrote to Hik support, but without reply since week...

Thank you,

A few comments and hopefully someone with more experience can chime in on other questions you have:

Max bitrate does not lock the cam into that bitrate, only sets the max. I have that same camera set at 12,288 max bitrate, variable bitrate type, resolution 3840x2160, highest video quality, and 15 fps. If you are trying to live view at "4k" off your LAN then you likely don't have a fast enough upload internet connection. Have you checked it using speedtest.net? Also, are you using variable bitrate type or are you forcing it to record at a fixed bitrate?

Can't comment on the recording problems as I've not heard of them.

(...) Also, are you using variable bitrate type or are you forcing it to record at a fixed bitrate?

Yes, I'm using VBR on H265. The H265+ forces VBR by itself.

(...)off your LAN then you likely don't have a fast enough upload internet connection. Have you checked it using speedtest.net?

It is not internet connection speed problem, because I'm connecting with NVR via LAN (1Gbps). Furthermore, H265 with higher bitrate works well.

Last edited:
Hello

I have seen what you are describing with recordings showing video freeze, ghosting and missing footage but on the older E2 version of the 7608NVR and with older R6 4mp cams. It seemed to happen only when my PIRs came on at night and the cams were switching from IR to colour view. I got in touch with the supplier and showed video, he couldn;t get an answer from his tech support either so I changed NVR and cams.

I now have the same NVR as you, running 5 cams. 4 of the 2343GO 4mp and 1 of 2365 6mp G1. All set to record continuous at 2560 x 1440, Highest Quality, Max FPS and H265+ enabled. and report VCA via HIK connect.

Today I got a notification that froze on the app when the PIR came on. then after about 5 seconds it started again but some playback had been lost. I checked NVR and the entire recording is there with no freezing, etc. so I put it down to a bandwidth issue somehwere between my router and the app.

My thinking was that because the compressed 265+ footage is usually only analysing differences in the scene and sending them over the line to formulate a pic (just like MPEG3 is for sound) when the PIR comes on it basically has to send all of the scene multiple times and hence overwhelmes the available bandwidth. However, I am literally guessing at this as I am not that techy, so happy for someone to correct me.

Anyway I expect that has not helped you much other than confirming that your system should be able to cope with 4K Live View though I believe there is a limit on number of 4K cams that can be viewed at any one time with this NVR explained in this thread,

Which is the Best Hikvision NVR for 8 Cameras?

cheers

Thank you for the answer.

I've notice this video freezing problems during a day e.g. when suddenly some car arrived in front of cam.
When I will have some time, I will try to upgrade NVR firmware to v4, because I've found some information that it might help.
I'll know how it goes.

Back