01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-K2/8P Latest Firmware

frank123

Hi guys,

Where can I download the latest firmware for my DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR?

I am from the UK and currently have firmware V3.4.98 build 171121 on my NVR.

Thank you

Thanks for that, I've managed to update the firmware for the NVR but how do I update the firmare for my DS-2CD2383GO-I
(8MP) cameras and what is the latest firmware?

Thanks for that, I've managed to update the firmware for the NVR but how do I update the firmware for my DS-2CD2383GO-I
(8MP) cameras and what is the latest firmware?

You will need to enable a feature called Virtual Host

This feature creates a link for each camera that allows you access the individual live views and settings of each camera, you can then go to the maintenance page and update the cameras the same way you did with the NVR.

The latest firmware for your camera can be found here - HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Hmm does anyone have an up to date link for the DS-7608NI-K2/8P firmware? I'm currently on 'V4.30.011, Build 200803', and I'm hoping there is newer firmware which supports enabling the third stream from the cameras.

Hmm does anyone have an up to date link for the DS-7608NI-K2/8P firmware? I'm currently on 'V4.30.011, Build 200803', and I'm hoping there is newer firmware which supports enabling the third stream from the cameras.
Unfortunately it won't support that. I read your other post regarding the static route. I'm thinking if you can't get that to work, to be able to access the camera on the 192.168.254.xxx subnet you'd maybe have to use a PoE switch behind your NVR. Connect the NVR network connection through that and connect the cameras to the switch - you'd then just reconfigure them with an address on your 192.168.1.xxx network.

When you did the static route, is there a physical connection path? I've never tried, but as the PoE ports (192.168.254.xxx) are separate, I'd imagine you would need to interconnect the two networks by patching a spare PoE port on the NVR to your LAN (put the network connection to the NVR through a 4 port switch and connect a port on that to a spare PoE port).

One other thing I noticed with the url you used in VLC....you need to put authentication at the start of that. So it would be rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.77:554/etc etc

Reactions: Dan
Thanks for confirming that... The CFO (wife) is strongly against any additional spending on IT now that I'm retired...... So no purchase of additoional switches or additional ethernet cabling (in conduit externally round the house)

VLC did work I just had to authenticate it for each test. :)

I've just posted the following on the Scrypted Discord server:

Actually guys I've decided to 'hold' at this point. Reasons being:
  • We get motion notifications through the HIK Connect App which work very well with the cross lines configuration we have set. If we did get motion detection working then we'd just have doubled notifications.
  • As we have the NVR we have 24 hour recording (okay it's using terrible software) but it works. If we did get recording working it'd increase network traffic greatly and IMHO slow down the forum I run on my NAS\
  • It doesn't look like we'll easily get stream three being recognised unless I do a lot of network changes that I think may well reduce security
    I do have the low-res stream working for a quick check of things in the Home App and Apple Watch Saying that when things get a little less stressful at home (family health issues), I may look at using the second NIC on the NAS to see if that can allow the cameras to be accessed directly.......

Thanks to everyone who has been looking to assist me with the project..

So yeah a pity as I was enjoying myself. But ............. Such is life.....

The CFO (wife) is strongly against any additional spending on IT now that I'm retired......
My wife and I have an agreement. As long as it's 'for the home' it's an allowable spend. I spend on tech that she has little interest in, she spends the equivalent on stuff that I've no interest in!

Yep generally the same here but as the current system is working well then the extra bits (and I must agree) are twiddly niceties and to be honest giving me something to look into now I'm retired. If I was still in work it'd not be a problem, but as she is now the only one in full time retirement (2 years until she retires) we have to start cutting back and being 'sensible' :)

Hm the latest I'm seeing in Product Firmware > Hikvision > 04 Back Ends > 02 K Series > [76 77 86 NI-K] > [76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8] is 1 V4.71.005 build 220524. What path are you navigating through to see the version you reference?

You don't have a 'quick link' like that for the DS-2CD2087G2-LU camera do you? :)
You should be able to search for any device on the Hikvision UK website (or whichever one for your region) and see the latest firmware at the bottom of the page :)

Last edited:
Yep I worked that out which is why I deleted my post. :) I've now bookmarked the relevant pages.

If I try to upload the firmware I get an error message:
Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 12.20.04.jpg

I've tried 3 different browsers so far with the same result. Any ideas?

What's the firmware version property number please (on the System Settings>Basic Information page)?

Ah OK, it's one of the original G3 versions of that camera - your firmware is up-to-date already :)

All of the versions that have been released can be found here.

Right got it........ thanks for confirming....

Flipping weird but on my Mac if I try to access direct links like that one they always fail.

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 12.37.41.jpg

Ah ha I sorted it I can access the portal if I turn off AdGuard DNS and turn off all browser extensions (and use Microsoft Edge) Sheesh.

Back