01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-CD2387G2- LU what's the latest firmware that supports light linkage?

maionline

I have the above cameras and currently have firmware 5.7.2_211228_Customized installed which supports the white linkage function so the light comes on with any movement.

I can see a newer version is available on the Hikvision site ( 5.7.3_220216 SP-Fixed the light and audio alarm on HC)

Can anyone confirm whether the latest firmware still supports the light linkage function?

I have the above cameras and currently have firmware 5.7.2_211228_Customized installed which supports the white linkage function so the light comes on with any movement.

I can see a newer version is available on the Hikvision site ( 5.7.3_220216 SP-Fixed the light and audio alarm on HC)

Can anyone confirm whether the latest firmware still supports the light linkage function?
I don't use the function myself, but can confirm the feature is present on 5.7.10_220830 which is available on the European Portal here:

There is another earlier build of 5.7.10_220720 available on the UK Portal but as I've already loaded this version, I can't confirm whether the earlier version has the feature or not.

Mine is an 8MP model but uses the same firmware. Pics are from that camera:

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 19.07.40.pngScreenshot 2022-11-14 at 19.07.52.png

I don't use the function myself, but can confirm the feature is present on 5.7.10_220830 which is available on the European Portal here:

There is another earlier build of 5.7.10_220720 available on the UK Portal but as I've already loaded this version, I can't confirm whether the earlier version has the feature or not.

Mine is an 8MP model but uses the same firmware. Pics are from that camera:

View attachment 8388View attachment 8389
Many thanks for this. Although the date on your firmware is newer, mine is 5.7.2 whereas yours is 5.7.1. Do we go off the date rather than the first numbers?

Many thanks for this. Although the date on your firmware is newer, mine is 5.7.2 whereas yours is 5.7.1. Do we go off the date rather than the first numbers?
Mine is 5.7.10 (not 5.7.1) so it's a higher numbered revision and a more recent date.

It's sometimes easy to miss certain versions, as by default the portal lists them in filename rather than date order; so it appears halfway up the list of files instead of at the bottom.

Any idea why I can't update to this firmare version? Tried with different browsers, no error code but when trying to update it just stops and says "Upgrading failed".

Here is information of the current firmware and camera model.

V5.5.801 build 211105.jpg

Any idea why I can't update to this firmare version? Tried with different browsers, no error code but when trying to update it just stops and says "Upgrading failed".

Here is information of the current firmware and camera model.

View attachment 8390

Yes yours is a G3 platform model. It uses different firmware to the G5. You'll see on this forum the G3 model referred to as 'non c revision' and the G5 as 'c revision'. The cameras have the same model number but different hardware and therefore firmware.

Ok thanks, I am a little confused about so many models. :)
It's the G3 in that "Firmware Version Property' that you're interested in. As a general rule (there are some exceptions) that directs you to the platform that the camera firmware is and the directory you'll keep an eye on for updates. Occasionally that rule doesn't apply - for example the first generation AcuSense cameras (DS-2CD2346G1) display 'G1' in that panel but use G1+M firmware.

Hikvision made things very confusing with versions. Firstly they release a range with 'G2' in the part code that uses G3 firmware (there is no G2). Then when they revise the hardware/change the chip due to shortages, they kept the model number the same but for a little 'c' on the box and that newer model uses the G5 firmware. Thankfully trying to upgrade with the wrong version usually just fails and causes no issues. Hikvision stated that they would no longer provide updates for the older G3 model but have released both 5.5.800 and 5.5.801 since that.

Back