01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KD8003 Guest vs. Owner passwords?

petefinity

Been pulling my hair out on this one. I have an installed KD8003 and keypad module connected to a gate. Basic control and access work fine. However, I was hoping to be able to have a password for owner access (anytime/anyday) and another password for guest/worker access that is restricted by days and time. I also have a Master Controller (K2602) and while i have added the groups etc. only the KD8003 - remote configuration public passwords - which don't seem to offer any time options - work.

Is what i'm attempting even possible?

Thanks!

Hi petefinity. I'm afraid you can't do that for passwords.
You can create schedule on persons and cards.

If you can add password to person in iVMS and create schedule for that person...
But if i remeber correctly passwords are not included in that option.

Hi petefinity. I'm afraid you can't do that for passwords.
You can create schedule on persons and cards.

If you can add password to person in iVMS and create schedule for that person...
But if i remeber correctly passwords are not included in that option.
Passwords can be added to a person in iVMS, but do not seem to affect the KD8003 - it seems the KD8003 only operates off of the 3 public passwords in the remote configuration - from what I can tell. Cards aren't an option as i'm using this for gate access on a large property and really just wanted an Owner password vs a Vistor password - where the Visitor password has access-time/day restrictions.

On that note- I have setup 2 user profiles in iVMS - and owner and a visitor. Where the owner has 24/7/365 access but the visitor has only M-F 9-5 access. I set this as a policy org->persons->devices(gate-remote-box-KD8003), and applied to the device, but the changes seem to have no effect on valid passwords on that station - which is weird.

The only thing that is a clue - is under the Persons section - where the card/bio/passcode is assigned, there is a few items that I'm not sure about - one was "device operator" checkmark - which i left off - manual says "can operate on device" assuming that means some type of admin access to the remote config - dunno. The other item was device - which shows the house station call box as an option, but doesn't list the remote gate box.

Back