01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Ds-kd8003 possible to add RTSP cameras for indoor stations?

NoFate

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Hi, is it possible to add RTSP with IVMS to the ds-kd8003 ? i see a section like "ip cameras" but i only can click "hikvision" protocol
isnt it possible to add onvif or rtsp cameras? so i can watch them on indoor panels

thnx

Hi @NoFate

The indoor station uses different protocols to the NVRs so as far as I am aware it is not possible to connect 3rd-party cameras directly via ONVIF or RTSP, if you have them connected to a Hikvision NVR it may be possible to add them that way by entering each channel from the NVR when you add it. (e.g. add the NVR using its IP address as a single device but where it says 'channel No' don't enter that just as "1", enter each channel from the NVR you want to add - 1,2,3,4)

The process of adding cameras is explained in the attached document

Attachments

no, with 83xx or 63xx series, you can just change on the "add camera" screen from hik protocol to rtsp protocol
so you can just add other cameras
with the 93xx series, that option to change to rtsp is missing, or maybe will be released in newer firmware

Maybe, the 93xx series Indoor stations are brand new, there is limited documentation, and we have not tested them ourselves. It may be that the new Android OS of the 93xx series stations is causing issues when trying to introduce this feature. We will wait and see.

i have heard they stopped production and 93xx will be replaced by new android stations
its running on adndroid 5 , but its way to slow to run apps
the reason for 93xx was to run apps , but its not possible to run any

Back