01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KV6113 works but “Connection Unstable” when doorbell pressed

bizentech

So the Doorbell camera works and all. Video, Calls Phone, records to NVR, etc

but when button is pressed and I answer the phone to see who it is, the video feed comes up as “Network Unstable” but the 2 way audio works and buzzer (if it existed) works as well

everything is hardwired, Not relying on WiFi whatsoever, super fast internet, super fast ubiquiti network, no port isolation, no Meshing, or any crazy firewall rules, tested using cell connection and WiFi.

I have the device video feed pointing to the NVR and DB is plugged into the local network via PoE and not behind the NVR (maybe I’ll try connecting it behind NVR)

I’ve adjusted video quality on main and sub and didn’t help at all

connection to app was made via QR code scan and not port forwarding and manual entry.

could it have something to do with Multicast since the NVR is pulling video feed as well

Attachments

• 86C92112-9238-4F59-A8AC-24BF528A6C64.jpeg
    86C92112-9238-4F59-A8AC-24BF528A6C64.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 215
@bizentech

Check that your firmware is up-to-date first, this guide explains how to do this - How-to: - Part 8: How do I upgrade the firmware on my Hikvision device?
This is the newest version for the original DS-KV6113-WPE1 - V2.1.5 Build 200904
If you have the newer DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) variant, which you can check on the label on the device / on its basic information page, then you should have this version installed - V2.2.45 Build 210430

I would also unbind the device from your Hik-Connect account (you can do this by scanning the QR code again), and then add it again, but via its serial number in the Hik-Connect online portal. Step 2 onwards here covers the process - How-to: - Part 12: How do I view my Hikvision IP camera on a mobile device or tablet using the Hik-Connect app?

I resolved the issue with the firmware upgrade, although motion detection notifications seem to not be all there. I’ll keep testing it

I'm glad that you managed to resolve it. If you're still having problems with the notifications, unbind and re-add using the serial number as above, and check that the notification schedule is set correctly in the app as explained in this post:
I found that the issue is on the app. If you go into Hikconnect app, then click on the settings icon next to the nvr picture. in there you will see settings for notification schedule. switch that on and set the schedule for 24 hours a day, and you can switch the notifications off and on. then found it worked fine again

Back