01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) loses wifi connection?

maxxx007

Hello everybody!
I bought recently the device to work only with wifi as there is not possibility for wiring.
Altougth it is connected perfectly, when my router is down for some reason for a while (electricity cut, etc)
Then the kv6113 Auto disables wifi So I have to enable that through AP mode ...
Has anybody found any solution about that issue?

Hello everybody!
I bought recently the device to work only with wifi as there is not possibility for wiring.
Altougth it is connected perfectly, when my router is down for some reason for a while (electricity cut, etc)
Then the kv6113 Auto disables wifi So I have to enable that through AP mode ...
Has anybody found any solution about that issue?
Start by making sure you have the latest firmware - currently 2.2.77_240515 available from the product page link here:

On the one site where I used WiFi I had issues with the unit dropping offline and was struggling to get it to reconnect. In the end I gave up and cabled it.

Last edited:
Thank you very much!
The first thing i did was to upgrade to latest firmware without success... What i have noted after many tests is that the door system disables wifi when the router is off for more than 1-2 hours...

Thank you very much!
The first thing i did was to upgrade to latest firmware without success... What i have noted after many tests is that the door system disables wifi when the router is off for more than 1-2 hours...
I had one that had been offline from Hik-Connect and WiFi for several months (family member so it went to the back of the queue!). I cabled it last week as I was sick of seeing it as an 'abnormal device' in my Hik-Partner Pro app. As soon as I connected it by cable it dumped the wired connection and connected to the WiFi that it previously refused to join. I do have a site where I used powerline rather than WiFi and that works fine.

Back