01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DVR Camera fault

littlejohn134

Hey all,
Bit of strange one, about 3 days 3 of my cameras started going black, flashing picture and showing text of version and video out.

It eventually stopped the following morning but last night all 8 cameras started doing the same thing.

I ve restarted the DVR and unplugged the power to cameras for 10 mins but no difference.

Eventually all the camera but 1 have gone to show no video.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211120_223447.jpg
    Screenshot_20211120_223447.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Screenshot_20211121_074959.jpg
    Screenshot_20211121_074959.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Screenshot_20211121_083632.jpg
    Screenshot_20211121_083632.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 200
Hey all,
Bit of strange one, about 3 days 3 of my cameras started going black, flashing picture and showing text of version and video out.

It eventually stopped the following morning but last night all 8 cameras started doing the same thing.

I ve restarted the DVR and unplugged the power to cameras for 10 mins but no difference.

Eventually all the camera but 1 have gone to show no video.
It's probably a camera power supply issue. Do you have separate power supplies for each camera or are they all on one. I'd disconnect power to all but one camera and add them back one at a time to see if it's a specific camera that is causing the failure.

Thanks I'll give that a shot. They are all on one supply.
It could be that one faulty camera is dragging down the supply voltage to the rest or simply a failing power supply. If it's not a multi channel power supply with individually fused outputs it would be advantageous to split them across a couple of power supplies

Thanks JB
Looks like you are spot one with the PSU. Removed all but one camera an it was fine.

Tried 2 but it immediately affected both.

Moved it around to several different cameras but the result was the same.

Any recommendations for replacement power supply?

Looking at individually fused ones now

Try to find one with self resetting fuses. They simply cut the power to the individual output if there’s an overload or short circuit. I’ve previously used the Haydon models. Some of those also had an output that could be tweaked/adjusted above 12V DC so you could allow for volt drop on the cable run

Back