01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DVR - Deleting old footage remnants?

ITSupport

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help as I can't seem to figure this one out.

We have a DS-7332HQHI-K4 and when we go to Playback there are some older cameras listed that have been removed. Each one of them appears to have a small piece of footage on a day somewhere in the past. When I do a custom search for the footage, it shows up but it's not locked or tagged and the footage can't be viewed as I assume it's long been overwritten.

Any idea how to get rid of these so I can get rid of the growing list of defunct cameras in our playback list?

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help as I can't seem to figure this one out.

We have a DS-7332HQHI-K4 and when we go to Playback there are some older cameras listed that have been removed. Each one of them appears to have a small piece of footage on a day somewhere in the past. When I do a custom search for the footage, it shows up but it's not locked or tagged and the footage can't be viewed as I assume it's long been overwritten.

Any idea how to get rid of these so I can get rid of the growing list of defunct cameras in our playback list?
Not sure on your DVR from memory but on NVR - For the local interface Live View only shows cameras that have their channels enabled, whereas Playback shows the list of all channels. If the channels have been previously used, rather than seeing "[D16] IPCamera 16" you might see "[D16] Car park" or whatever that camera was named prior to removal.

If these removed cameras were analogue cameras connected directly to the DVR you should be able to just go into the settings and rename the empty channels back to "Camera X"

Not sure on your DVR from memory but on NVR - For the local interface Live View only shows cameras that have their channels enabled, whereas Playback shows the list of all channels. If the channels have been previously used, rather than seeing "[D16] IPCamera 16" you might see "[D16] Car park" or whatever that camera was named prior to removal.

If these removed cameras were analogue cameras connected directly to the DVR you should be able to just go into the settings and rename the empty channels back to "Camera X"
You're right, these were all analogue cameras. I didn't realise they all showed regardless of being active or not. Thanks for the clarification.

Back