01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DVR / NVR - which solution brings fewer security concerns?

ronl

I am currently upgrading my old analog / coax system, and was considering the Hikvison products.
Considering the security problems with ip cameras/ nvr,I was thinking of staying with thier turbohd line and using thier colorvu cameras. Is there security concerns with the dvr / analog equipment ?
As long as I keep a good user / pw for the remote viewing. Or is that connection a problem too?

I am currently upgrading my old analog / coax system, and was considering the Hikvison products.
Considering the security problems with ip cameras/ nvr,I was thinking of staying with thier turbohd line and using thier colorvu cameras. Is there security concerns with the dvr / analog equipment ?
As long as I keep a good user / pw for the remote viewing. Or is that connection a problem too?
If your DVR will be connected to the internet to enable remote viewing, the risks are the same for a DVR as they are for an NVR and IP cameras (and for that matter any device you have connected to the internet). There should be no security concern if your equipments firmware is kept up to date.

Back